Posts by jimandmollie

I also thought about making a cookie cutter to cut the image out of fondant but I'm thinking it might distort when trying to apply it since the lines are so thin.....
I am a hobby baker and usually do cakes. I made some cookies for a Shriner's charity event a few years ago and have been asked to donate several times now. I really enjoy doing it.My dilemma: the Eye of HorusI need to make 150 cookies this time and I am not quite sure what is the best way to go about it. I usually do NFSC cookies with whipped icing and MMF. They seem to really like them so I would like to stick with that combo if possible. How in the world do I get this...
Great save.....I have one of the cookie movers and it works wonderful.....
I want to say that everyone has made such beautiful things in this thread! Excellent inspiration!I too have been playing with the gelatin a bit and have the following to add:I bought my daughter a few sets of plastic bracelets last year for Christmas. They came packaged in an oversized christmas ball that has a seam down the middle. (When it is opened it is two bowl-like halves.) I did try painting the two halves with gelatin and then gluing them together with more gelatin...
In the Parable of the Ten Virgins the story is told by Jesus of a party of virgins given the honour of attending a wedding. Each of the ten virgins is carrying a lamp as they await the coming of the bridegroom. Five are wise and bring a jar of oil. Five are foolish and they took no oil with them. The bridegroom is late in coming; the foolish virgins ask the wise ones for spare oil, but the others refuse, saying that they might then not have enough. While the foolish...
Whatever decorations you decide to do on it, I think red brick on the sides would be nice as a backdrop.
This is how my Aunt Rose used to make her Rum Balls! Seriously! I remember them getting all snookered up and messing them up every time when I was a kid!
You must be my long lost sister! Sounds like we had the same mother. My mom even had a special tiny spatula that she used to scrape down mayo and jelly jars to get every last bit. Of course she had 7 kids so I guess every little bit helped! Unless we were gonna go out in the middle of the night, steal milk from a cow and churn it ourselves, we got yellow fat too! My kids still get yellow fat but at least I have progressed enough to get them the whipped kind with extra...
I don't know what model it is but I have went through 3 of the Sunbeam mixers that WalMart sells in the last 6 months because they have plastic gears inside. I finally bought a KitchenAid. Best investment I ever made so far.
I used margarine and they tasted fine to me. But then, I use margarine for everything. *ducks to avoid flying objects that I know everyone is gonna throw at me! *