Posts by SweetPea0613

Stick with the gas! I live in apartments and we have electric ovens.....If I follow directions on the cake mix my cake will be black and burned!!! I had to bake a chocolate cake at about twenty minutes when on the box it said 35.You would have to test to see what works with the cakes in the oven...it's a pain!!!But that's just me...
Stick with the gas! I live in apartments and we have electric ovens.....If I follow directions on the cake mix my cake will be black and burned!!! I had to bake a chocolate cake at about twenty minutes when on the box it said 35.You would have to test to see what works with the cakes in the oven...it's a pain!!!But that's just me...
Thanks for the advice!!!!!
It looks so cute!!! For your first time with MMF you did a good job!! I love the polka dots!![/i]
Sorry I'm asking rookie questions...but how long can you store your buttercream in the fridge for and how should you store it?? I also read somewhere that MMF can be frozen for up to a year... is that true????Please let me know...
WELCOME!!!I'm new too( I joined a few days ago)The way I learned was watching people do it on youtube and just following what they do...I'm starting classes on July 8th at Michael's and I know that will help a bunch..I wanted to be self taught but it will be better to learn the right techniques and helpful tips from instructors as well.Good Luck!!!!
Well I'm just starting out but I will be making my third and fourth cakes today. They are for my brother's girlfriend's birthday party this weekend and she doesn't know that I'm making them.They are going to be frankenstein and his bride....(I'm pretty sure everyone has done these before but it's my first time so I'm excited!)
I make MMF all the time( lol I say that like I've been caking forever) But it's real easy to make, it always comes out smooth and it tastes delicous!!I hope you find your way with homemade fondant!!It's the best!!GOOD LUCK!
Thank you everyone for your encouraging words!!!
Hello! My name is Susie...I'm new to cake decorating and these forums. I start classes at Michael's in a few weeks and I'm super excited!! I've made a few cakes on my own and I planned to be self taught, but I know it'll be better in the long run to learn techniques the right way. Take a look at my photos and let me know what you think (please be completely honest)Well thanks for reading this and I look forward to my future in baking and decorating!!!!