Posts by fsinger84

Right now I use the below recipe. I LOVE it but I am going to be selling at the farmers market this summer and we are required to list all our ingredients. I am praying the HD wont make me use labels since I will be using a commercial kitchen instead of baking out of my home so I don't have to redo all of my recipes. I don't think people would be happy seeing the box list of ingredients (even though that is what my customers like out of the commercial kitchen). Does anyone...
Hello!I use a doctored mix recipe that includes sour cream. I have also been trying different box brands to see if one rises higher than the other. I have found that since adding sour cream my cupcakes are doming less, unless they are on the upper rack then they dome a bit more. Does anyone else have this happening? I am also wondering if any of the box mixes domes more than the other? I use smaller liners so I want to make sure I have a nice dome of cake on top, I don't...
Thanks for everyones advice. I felt fine by Saturday and did the order Tuesday
Last night I came down with a severe case of the stomach flu. I have a special order due Wednesday (one doz cupcakes) that I would be working on Tuesday night.I don't know how soon I will feel better and it is an important client so I want to let them know ASAP that I need to cancel their order. I have. Been emailing the client so what should the email say? Should I put in some kind of coupon off of a future order for the trouble?I do special orders mostly and am a one...
I need advice. I started selling cupcakes out of the commercial kitchen space I rent a few weeks ago. There is a bakery business in front and I sell my cupcakes daily out of the bakery case. I come in and bake and frost one day then put everything in the freezer and they bring cupcakes out every morning. At first they were bringing them out early in the morning (7am) and leaving them out til close and then putting them back in the freezer and then out for one more day....
So I tried to contact our wholesaler but all the mixes they have are add water only mixes. I prefer to start with mixes where I add the eggs, oil, milk etc (I use mostly doctored recipes). HyVee currently has Pillsbury mixes on sale for .88 and then HyVee has a coupon for $5 off of $25. If I get 29 boxes for 25.52-5.00 they would only be 0.70ea. Would you consider this a good stock up price? I haven't seen any coupons on the cake mixes lately so it seems like a good deal.
So I tried to contact our wholesaler but all the mixes they have are add water only mixes. I prefer to start with mixes where I add the eggs, oil, milk etc (I use mostly doctored recipes).HyVee currently has Pillsbury mixes on sale for .88 and then HyVee has a coupon for $5 off of $25. If I get 29 boxes for 25.52-5.00 they would only be 0.70ea.Would you consider this a good stock up price? I haven't seen any coupons on the cake mixes lately so it seems like a good deal.
So I have had zero to no luck using wilton melts, almond bark, or candy coating for my cake pops. I was in sams and saw they had the usual Ghirardelli Candy Making & Dipping Bar 2.5 lbs and the white chocolate flavor one. I got the white chocolate one to use for cake pops and LOVE IT. It melts just amazing and has a nice little snap when you bite into the cake pops. I was going to order some merckens before this, but I would have to pay shipping so I am not sure it would...
Thanks for the info. I was looking to order from ck p. and all the dust listings are super confusing. I wish it just said on what you can't eat "were selling this stuff you can't eat!" LOLDoes anyone know what I could use to get a similar effect? I want to make christmas cake pops colored red and green and put some kind of sheen on them if that makes sense?
I have noticed a few photos of cake pops that look like they have disco dust on them that look amazing!How are they getting the dust to stick? Are they just brushing it over the cake pops once they are dry?Thanks!