Posts by lexi55033

Are these available anywhere in the US? The above link is for a website in S. Africa.
I'm looking for some smaller fondant gerbera daisies to use as cupcake toppers for a wedding that I'm doing. I would prefer to buy rather then make them due to time constraints. The only ones that I can find online are too big for what I'm looking for. Ideally, I'd like them to be 1-1/2" - 2" in diameter. The brides colors are hot pink, orange and lime green. Does anyone know of a place I can buy them online? I need to get a quote to the bride within the next couple of...
I have a wedding coming up where the bride requested a "whipped strawberry filling" kind of like a "strawberry chiffon" filling for her cupcakes. Here's the kicker: they need to be room temp stable and not need refrigeration. Any ideas or favorite recipes? I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm stumped. Everything I've found needs to be refrigerated. These will be going inside white cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and will need to sit out on the counter the night before (in...
Here is what I typically do with my cakes:1. Bake them and cool completely2. Fill them, let them settle for several hours with ceramic tile on top for weight or overnight2. Freeze them for a day or two (wrapped in saran wrap & placed in freezer ziplock)3. Pull out of freezer night before I'm going to ice them - so they are at room temp when I do ice them (still wrapped up)4. Unwrap cake the morning I'm going to ice it5. Mix up buttercream, then ice the cake. Buttercream...
I live in MN and during the summer it's very humid. The last 2 months it's been between 90-100 degrees every day. I have air conditioning in my cake studio which I crank down to about 68 degrees, but I still have issues with my buttercream cakes wrinkling. Everything looks fine when I finish icing the cake. I put it in a cake box and leave it sit on the counter overnight. Then when I come in the next morning, it's all wrinkled. I know this has been discussed in previous...
I own a small cake studio located in the SE metro area (near the WI border) that I'm currently looking to rent out. Ideally, I'd like to find someone with a similar small business to partner up with and share the kitchen. If anyone's interested, please PM me for more details. Serious inquiries only please.Angie
I have a seperate contract that they need to fill out and sign for any rental equipment. All rental equipment needs to be returned by the Wed. following the event date. I also email the client the return instructions for the rental equipment a day or two before their event and leave a copy at the venue or when they pick up the equipment. If you want to PM me, I can send you a copy of the rental agreement I use and the return instructions I give them. I have never had a...
There are several factors to how many cupcakes they will need for 110 guests. Assuming that the cupcakes will be the only dessert option there, the biggest factor I find is how many different flavors of cupcakes there will be. 3 or less flavors, I generally recommend 1 - 1.25/guest. If you have more than 3 flavors, I find that people will take more than 1 cupcake because they can't decide which flavor they'd like and want to try a couple different flavors. Another big...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/84650919/apple-cider-mini-bundts?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=bundt+cake&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_page=5&ga_search_type=allDoes anyone know where I can buy these liners in bulk for a good price?Thanks!
Those are over $1.00 each for the mini bundt sizes and $2.50-3.50 for the larger sizes that would hold a regular sized bundt. There has to be someplace cheaper... I found some of the mini sized on Etsy for around $0.50/each (can't remember exactly), but not in large enough quantities. They had to have bought them from someplace for cheaper than that to be able to resell them for that price. I'm trying to find the source that they're buying them from to get the wholesale...