Posts by lexi55033

Thanks for posting this! I LOVE your website. Very neat and professional. It was perfect timing as I was just looking into website options yesterday and starting to contact people to get quotes. I just sent Mike an email to see if he'd be interested.Thanks again and good luck with your website!Angie
So does everyone base their per serving prices off of wedding cake sized pieces?
I've called several different places, but really there's only 1 legal bakery within a 30 mile radius and they only do edible image sheetcakes, very basic 8" round with no decorating both of which they charge 1 basic price for and very out-dated buttercream wedding cakes which they sell per serving, but very cheap. I don't think they do many cakes. I think the majority of their business is donut and pastry type stuff along with a deli. The only other "legal" places to get a...
Okay, I know every area varies with pricing. I'm in MN in a suburb of the Twin Cities about 20 miles from St. Paul, small town almost rural area, population 30,000. Not sure if that will help or not, but figured I'd throw it out there.Here are my questions:1.) If you normally do cakes that are 2 layers of cake, 1 layer of filling, but someone wanted 3 layers of cake and 2 layers of filling instead, would you charge extra and if so how much?2.) Do you charge a certain...
NCmomof3boys thanks for the idea! I didn't even think of that - duh!! I was going to drop off my portfolio album so they could get an idea of the cakes I've made. I'll do both.Angie
After hitting dead end after dead end, I finally have some potentially good news! I've been trying to find a place to rent for a long time now that is affordable and close to where I live. I've been turned down so many times I lost count! Anyways, I just got off the phone with an administrator at a local church that just build a huge addition on to the church 2 yrs ago. Included in that addition was a HUGE commercial kitchen with all new state of the art equipment. I am...
My next project is going to be creating a brochure. For those of you in the business already, could you please post pictures or a link to any brochures you have? I'd really appreciate being able to see the ones that others have done to get a feel for what works and ideas for different layouts.Thanks in advance!Angie
I just uploaded the charts to the Templates Gallery. Feel free to use them however you see fit. I created them about a month ago when I had a few spare minutes. In the future, I'd like to create a more graphically appealing flyer with them on, but for now this works.
Those are ones that I just made up, but basically follow IndyDebi's cutting guide and standard wedding cake sizes. For the party cake sizes I just made 2 sizes because some people like smaller pieces and some like bigger, so I figured I'd cover both. That way, you can tell people that a 10" round feeds X-X people and give them a range based on how big they want the pieces following the charts. Make sense?I'll post the charts to the template section later this afternoon. I...
I'm attaching the charts that I'm going to use. Maybe these will be helpful to others. I did them in AutoCad, as my previous career was in residential design and drafting until the economy went south.HTH!Angie