Posts by lexi55033

Thanks IndyDebi, those are some great points to consider. I left a message earlier today for the coordinator to give me a call back. Now I'll be armed with questions to ask him when he does call. I'm open to all ideas and suggestions, so please keep them coming!I was thinking of just offering 3 different kinds of cupcakes, 2 of my best sellers and the 3rd one a strawberry flavor of some sort.Angie
First, let me say that I am licensed. I just officially started my business March 1, 2009, so I'm very new to this and trying to spread the word that I'm here! The neighboring town (we live right on the border) is holding their annual Strawberry Fest in June. As part of that, they have a Business Expo with vendor booths (10'x10') for $50. If it remains the same as last year, if you have a food license, you are allowed to sell food there too. I was thinking of having a...
I did the exact same thing to find my kitchen. I was so frustrated after calling and being rejected by about 15 different places that I could think of that had commercial kitchens, I almost gave up. Then, one day I thought, hey, I wonder if the Department of Health has a list of licensed kitchens in my town. At least it might give me a few new names to call. I called them and talked to a VERY nice lady who was super helpful and gave me a name of a local motel that had a...
I did the exact same thing to find my kitchen. I was so frustrated after calling and being rejected by about 15 different places that I could think of that had commercial kitchens, I almost gave up. Then, one day I thought, hey, I wonder if the Department of Health has a list of licensed kitchens in my town. At least it might give me a few new names to call. I called them and talked to a VERY nice lady who was super helpful and gave me a name of a local motel that had a...
I found this recipe on here, but now I can't find it to PM the original poster with my question. The recipe is for an easy fruit filling made from seedless jam mixed with jello. Basically you just microwave the jam for a minute, then dissolve a box of corresponding jello into it to create a fruit filling. My question is how big of a box of jello to use. They have 3 oz and 6 oz boxes at the grocery store. Which one would I use with a 12oz jar of jam?Thanks,Angie
I have another bride that is interested in this cake possibly and was asking about the spacers. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be used in this situation that would be strong enough to support the weight of the cakes?Thanks,Angie
I haven't seen a mold for individual pearls, but I was thinking a graduated pearl one, then cutting them apart. That's the only thing I could think of. That or making silver royal if that's possible and piping dots all over.
I have a bride that is absolutely in love with a cake that has silver dagrees all over it. The problem is, she doesn't want dagrees because they are so hard. She would rather have something softer that is edible and doesn't have to be picked off. Is there anyway to do this? I was thinking of making fondant pearls in various sizes and rolling them in alcohol/silver dust. Do they even make pearl molds this small? Does this seem crazy? Any suggestions or ideas would be...
I'm looking for reviews on the Cherry Brook Kitchen chocolate and yellow cake mixes. If anyone has tried these, I'd appreciate feedback either positive or negative. I have a customer who wants an eggless wedding cake and I'm looking into this as a simple solution.Thanks,Angie
I'm really excited and just wanted to share. My website is now up. It's www. Rivertown Cakes. com (no spaces).I had Mike from www. bakery. reeflightinteractive. com (no spaces) make it for me. He is great to work with if anyone is looking to get a website done themselves.Thanks for looking,Angie