Posts by lexi55033

Check out www.cupcakeswirl.com . They have the greaseproof liners from Sweden (I think that's where). I REALLY like them! They seem thicker than most other liners. I love the dark brown ones! Those are the ones that I usually buy in the sleeve of 500. Plus, their shipping is unbelievably fast! I usually receive my order within 2 days from when I place it.
Anyone??
Does anyone have a favorite online source they buy their round masonite circles from? I've found a few places just by searching, but was wondering where others get theirs.Thanks,Angie
I am making a cake for this weekend (2 days away) for a fundraiser. The business that I'm working with (a car dealership) would like me to make a 2D mini van cake or something with a mini van theme since they are raffling off a free week's rental for a mini van. Any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
I bet that was it. I put them in one of those clamshell package containers that hold a dozen cupcakes like you buy them in at the grocery store. I just used my regular buttercream (the one with the Dream Whip).
Recently I made cupcakes that I decorated with little fondant cutout hearts and circles that I wanted to stand up out of the frosting. I let the hearts dry overnight so they were hard when I added them. The next morning, they were all wilted and had melted and wouldn't "stand up". Is there anyway to prevent this? I have some graduation cupcakes coming up that they want fondant cutout monograms, but now I'm not so sure that's a great idea.Any help or suggestions...
Thanks for your faith in me! I would love to attempt it in the future, but maybe for my husband who is also a Musky fisherman and not a paying customer. Just in case... I passed on the order, but did refer her to someone recommended by another CC member. I am swamped with orders at the moment and just don't have the time to try something new like this and still keep up with the rest. My nerves just couldn't take it!! I work full-time right now besides doing between 4-5...
I just got a call from a bride looking for a carved Musky cake for a Groom's cake on August 1st. I'm not capable of doing it because I'm not that skilled at carved cakes, fondant covered cakes, or air brushing. If anyone's interested and are available to do a cake for August 1st in MN (not sure exactly what city), please email me angie@rivertowncakes.com and I'll send you the bride's name and phone number. She's been calling around and can't find anyone who can do...
I had a bride request this flavor (which I've never heard of before) for a tasting. Does anyone have a recipe that they could share? I got the impression it was a strawberry chantilly filling that she wanted to go with a white cake.Thanks,Angie
Okay, I just talked to the organizer of the event and here's updated information. Last year, they had around 10,000 people attend this event. There are 35-40 different business vendors, however most if not all are informational booths only. I would be allowed to sell cupcakes and sodas, water, etc. That's not a problem. There are other food vendors, but not in the same vacinity. They are over more by the carnival ride area. There aren't any church/fundraiser booths in the...