Posts by jillmakescakes

anyone ever tried this? What kind of results have you gotten?
I learned this one with my naughty cakes (no mistakes, thank goodness):What skintone color is needed?This works for any cake with flesh on it. Also check hair color for any figures.
I've made many a cake ball in my day (I've got 1200 due 2 weeks from now!). Typically, 5 cups of cake batter make 80 cake balls, so you would need about 15 cups. I prefer the Wilton, because like you said, it gives a better coat. I can usually get one bag of melts to cover 80 of them. It should go pretty fast. Good luck!
I think mine was Cleo and costume's was Sheba....
Ok, so I know that I'm better off without this bride, but sheesh.Here's the scoop. I didn't schedule any tastings this weekend due to other obligations. This date was closed out months ago. I had to stop at the shop just prior to one of the other obligations around 1pm on sunday (our usual tasting day) to find a car in the parking lot. As I pull up, I roll down my window and ask if I can help them. This chick tells me, very indignantly, "I have a 1 o'clock appt today"...
Disney is a big fat NO. I have NEVER heard of them giving a copyright release.In general, the best thing to do is to find the official website, go to the bottom and there is usually a LEGAL page, click there and contact the attorneys. They can point you in the right direction.
First, let me say that now is not the time to be worrying about this. All of this should have been decided/practiced weeks ago. Now, there is nothing wrong with baking on Tues/Wed for a saturday wedding, provided that the cakes are stored properly. I'd say get your icings made/colored today and make sure anything else that needs to be made in advance is done (flowers, figures etc). then you can bake on Tues, Fill/frost on wed, decorate thurs, stack on friday!As far...
I have to admit, I've actually laughed at this question before..... i didn't mean to, but I just couldn't stop myself. I was in the Wilton aisle at Michaels ( I teach classes there) and someone was staring blankly at the wall. I asked if they needed help. They said they were making a wedding cake this weekend (it was Wed) and they didn't know how to stack a cake I told them their best bet was one of those stands that keep the cakes separate instead of stacked. They...
ok- yes, I got one of my comm'l fridge's for $50--- one of the other's I got for $5.00!!!! and the $5.00 one was full of beer and wine (which my DH dutifully disposed of- he said it was his contribution )It took me 1.5 yrs to get to a staff of 4 people. It is amazing how much more you can get done with more people, so doing 2k a week is definitely possible. Have you talked to other bakeries in your area to find out what level of business they are doing ie- How many...
I agree with Leah_sWhen I opened, I called my local venues and asked them what sizing chart they used when they cut the cake, ALL of them, every single one, said "Wilton". They didn't even pause, I was amazed.