Posts by cookieswithdots

Just wondering how to achieve the pleated look with fondant on a cake base. I think it looks so pretty. Couldn't find any info on it.Thanks~Melissa
Does anyone know what the mixture would be to make an eggplant color using the Americolors?Thanks!Melissa
I think I read somewhere that if you put just a small bit of corn syrup it makes the Royal Icing easier to use. Does anyone know if this works.Thanks!Melissa
Yes, I can tell what they did now. They did put flowers to cover the seams. I tried everything and I am pressed for time as the cake is due tomorrow. I finally did something else and it's fine. I really wasn't planning on using my machine because of the time factor but you know how that goes! ))Thank you all for your help.Melissa
I am trying to cut the one pictured omn the Cake Basics box, about 1 1/2 high. I am using the 12 x 12 mat.
Man-- I am so tired from working on this cake. Could anyone tell me how to make a continuous border on the Cricut? I just can't seem to get it.Thanks!Melissa
Thanks for your reply. I'll use that. Wish me luck.Melissa
I just found a thread about what is considered food safe. There are a lot of opinions on this one. I have watched Sharon's DVD on the Topsy Turvy cakes and that's why I'm asking. She just mentions to use something food safe so I wasn't sure.Thanks.Melissa
What do you put between the foamcore and the cake to make it food safe?Melissa
Sharon- I just wanted to chime in and say that it's awesome that you were trying to help and figure out what went on. Great customer service.I also wanted to ask, if I may if I have a question about one of your DVD's, what is the best way to do so?Thanks!Melissa