Posts by j-pal

Hi - just moved to the Carson City area from Texas (who just passed their cottage food law) and I'm curious if there's been any movement on this legislation? It looks like the last post was almost a year ago ... any news?
Hi,Having just moved from Texas (which finally passed a cottage food law) to Nevada (Carson City area), I'm curious if there has been any headway with this legislature... ?Thanks!
Glad to hear that everyone (that you know of) had positive things to say!I'm curious about something you posted... you said you couldn't duplicate the cake exactly because of copyright ... The only thing copyright covers is the photo itself. Which means you can't post a photo on your website as your own if you didn't create it. However, you absolutely CAN recreate a cake from a magazine or from the internet or even from HERE. The nice thing to do when posting pictures...
Rebeat it and see if it fluffs back up to it's original consistency. If so - it's fine. If not (and if it's not growing green stuff) you can just mix it in with your buttercream - if you use a crusting buttercream recipe, that is.
Gotta say that the same thought crossed my mind. Some of the phrasing and speech (writing) patterns were very similar.
"We're all familiar w/ the bad rep that some styles of cake decorating and specifically frosting recipes have amongst the purchasing public. Many (most?) folks tend to harbor a real dislike toward shortening-based frostings. In fact, folks dislike the taste and idea of shortening so much that wedding cakes often rank right up there w/ fruitcakes as far as ridicule and resentment- and unpopularity."Hmmm.... I'm not familiar with that assumption. In fact, I would say that...
"I think it depends on the baker and how they sell their service."I can agree with that. If the bride understands that she's leaving the design up to me and is just giving me direction that's one thing. If she gives me a photograph and says, "I want THIS", then it leaves very little, if any, room for artistic license. In the case of the OP - I would be curious to hear from her what the bride's desires were. She apparently provided a photograph, but we're not clear what...
This is just my opinion - (no science behind it) but I'd say that RKT would be fine for at least a week. I know the RKT that I've bought certainly last longer than a week!! ) When I'm molding something, I will really smash it together as tight as I can for stability. Putting a 2nd layer on it won't hurt. Often people will put a layer of candy clay or modeling chocolate and then fondant... it's the same thing.
Oh for Pete's sake... I went through 9 pages of posts and there still isn't a result!? Bummer! BTW - I was curious about the comment the OP made about artistic license... I'm not sure about ya'll's thoughts on this - but I think artistic license comes into play with things like, "should I put 3 or 5 flowers here?" "Should I use gold luster or super gold luster?" "Which font should I use for the monogram?" Not with shapes of the tiers, colors of the ribbon and/or...
Super simple, super easy, and super good - Take one cake mix - add one can of soda. Bake. That's it. For a lower fat/calorie recipe, make it a diet soda. Don't add water, eggs or oil ... just the soda.