Posts by Pebbles13

Hi! I first learned of the "panty hose trick" from TracyLH. She is one of my favorite cookie decorators ever and is always so helpful with tips and information. Here is a link I found explaining how to avoid the curling when using a fine tip: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6877314-.html#6877314
{{{{{{{((((Hugs))))))}}}}}} for Shiney! I've missed you! Glad to see you back!
For those of you interested in watching a video on taping the stick to the bag (Shiney's method ), there is a great one on Karen's Cookies website: http://www.karenscookies.net/shop//index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=70She calls it "Sneaky Cookie Pops"!
If you have Americolor gel colors, I like to mix the avocado green with electric green or any other greens.
Thanks for your awesome review, Tracy All of your cookie/icing combos sound so yummy! I posted my opinions of coconut, lime, lemon, clear vanilla, and strawberry on your original post since I received my flavorings this week. I haven't tried any of the flavorings in cookies yet, but I did try different ones in icing. I, too, loved the lime, lemon, and coconut. I was going to try the coconut cookie/lime icing pairing because that sounds like heaven! I also mixed lime and...
HAHA Honeydukes, you are sooooooooooo funny! I was thinking of that song when I was combining the flavors. I hadn't heard it in so long. Thanks for the link! ...........and yes, the key lime/coconut flavorings are THAT good!!!!
I received my order from Spices and I wanted to share my experiences with a few of the flavors. I had baked a batch of NFSC to experiment with and flavored my RI using the following flavors: strawberry, key lime, coconut, orange and lemon. I wasn't crazy about the smell of the strawberry extract in the bottle, but it was okay in the RI. I made some strawberry shaped cookies and decorated them with the strawberry flavored RI. The cookie had a slight strawberry taste,...
Kneadacookie, have a wonderful time with your family! You made a very important decision and it sounds like it's already paying off. Enjoy your summer and have fun with your kids
Wow, Jen, you have been a busy, busy lady I enjoyed reading your post and looking at your blog pics of the farmer's market. You definitely have your act together, and I'm sure you are going to be very successful there. Your setup was very impressive and professional looking, and your products were amazing. Did you do all of the baking yourself? I can't even imagine how organized and disciplined you must be to bake the variety and quality of goodies you had. Thanks for...
Wow, Jen, you have been a busy, busy lady I enjoyed reading your post and looking at your blog pics of the farmer's market. You definitely have your act together, and I'm sure you are going to be very successful there. Your setup was very impressive and professional looking, and your products were amazing. Did you do all of the baking yourself? I can't even imagine how organized and disciplined you must be to bake the variety and quality of goodies you had. Thanks for...