Posts by tootie0809

Does anyone know if this is a texture mat or a rolling pin? If so, where to find something that will give this same texture?'TIA!
I have a question about my cream cheese buttercream. I have about 6 batches in my fridge. The last time I opened it was about 11:00 a.m. to get something out of there. I go in to check on something in the fridge at about 10:00 p.m. and I notice the door is just barely ajar. I have a temperature thermometer in the fridge, and it reads about 59 degrees. ARGGGG! So it's been food safe zone for about 10 hours. Do I need to just throw out all that icing or is it still...
I have a question about my cream cheese buttercream. I have about 6 batches in my fridge. The last time I opened it was about 11:00 a.m. to get something out of there. I go in to check on something in the fridge at about 10:00 p.m. and I notice the door is just barely ajar. I have a temperature thermometer in the fridge, and it reads about 59 degrees. ARGGGG! So it's been food safe zone for about 10 hours. Do I need to just throw out all that icing or is it still...
Thanks everyone! I will check into the crimper, and I do have those frill cutters, so I'll go check through them and see if it's maybe one of those. I would have never thought of a crimper or a frill cutter, so I appreciate everyone's input!!
Anyone know what tool will make this design on a cake? I've looked everywhere!
I have 3 Cake Safes, different sizes, and I love them. I cannot imagine delivering wedding cakes without them. It's true that they just about eliminate all the stress involved with transporting a cake, even long distances. On some days, I load all 3 of my Cake Safes in the back of my vehicle and can do 3 deliveries so quickly. I consider them one of the top 3 best investments I've made in my business.
Thank you for the info! This helps me make my decision. I've been thinking of the Cuisinart 7 qt too. Maybe that's my better bet.Thanks again!
I'm at my witt's end. I've gone through 4 KitchenAid Pro 600 mixers in the last 16 months. KA is sending me yet another replacement mixer but said it will be my last one. They're refusing to replace anymore from here on out, which sucks, because right now, each one is lasting about 3-5 months on average before it tanks. Whatever, I'm done with KitchenAid.So I'm looking for a serious mixer but don't want to buy bulky commercial equipment because I just don't have the...
You should check out Sharon Zambito's Topsy Turvy DVD. It's fantastic and she gives you some excellent tips on constructing a solid TT cake. Good luck!
I have made pina colada cake before. I used pureed pineapple and coconut milk in place of the liquid in the recipe.....and it's yummy!