Posts by kimkake

It is a mess to make - but once you get the hang of it - it's definitely worth it! I haven't seen the video yet - but through trial and error learned to put a towel over the bowl. When you make it right - it is the smoothest frosting- and so easy to work with to get a perfectly smooth cake!!Love it!! This brings me back to my other post - did anyone ever hear of Elite shortening - or know of a cheaper way to get Sweetex shortening for this recipe?
Thanks for the advise - I called Restaurant Depot and you need to be a member to purchase from them. Anyone else hear of Elite??Or have suggestions for Sweetex - where the shipping is a little more reasonable?
I have been using Sweetex shortening for years - my supplier now states they can no longer get it and they carry something called Elite Shortening in a 50lb box. Has anyone used this with the same results?? I cannot find in the description or on the box where it would be high ratio. Could someone please help me out before I purchase a box?? And if anyone has any other ideas on how to get Sweetex at a resonable cost - I would love that also!!Thank-You!!
Well thanks for the tip on Joanns VickiC - not only is the unit on sale but the cartridges also!!
I am still shopping for this item and I am confused - they are offering a "great price" on HSN today - and then I go to Amazon and it's over $100 cheaper - is this the same Martha Stewart Cricut machine? Even the cart. are 1/2 the price. Is this possible or is it a cheaper version - anyone out there know??
Sorry - also meant to ask if all cartridges are interchangeable with the Martha Stewart machine? It is a special on HSN today so I want to make sure before I order.Thanks for all the info.
I just have a few questions before making this large of a purchase -Does anyone out there know what the differences all are for the red Cricut and the Martha Stewart? And has anyone used the scratch gumpaste recipes in their Cricut machine? I'm trying to decide which one to buy and make sure it's worth the money. I see all other posts of Cricut have been blocked - trying to get info - hope this post is ok!
Very cute cake - love the colors. The booties look great also. I have a baby shower cake for next week and they also want the blue/pink colors - I too tried to "modern" it up a little - but they are sticking with the bottles and diapers theme. Oh well - I already got some inspiration from CC!!
Yes, that's the recipe I've been using - with 6lbs. of pow. sugar. Do you use3lbs of shortening then - that just doesn't seem to fill the bowl up - I guess I'll add more of each until it is full to the top.
I received a larger kitchen-aid mixer, the 6 quart, and I made a couple batches of Sugarshack's buttercream - I even got new measurements straight from her, but I can't get the batches to come out smooth. I only mix it on speed 2 and it still was full of little air bubbles. Any suggestions or measurements from anyone to make is smooth in the larger mixer?