Posts by kimkake

Can't wait to hear the answers on this too - I have made it twice and haven't been able to use it. I also let it sit overnight and it would fall apart if I tried to cover a cake with it.
I achieve that look with tip 32 on mini cupcakes - larger star forfull size cupcakes.
If you're asking to use the cricut to decorate - yes, it makes beautiful cookies, and I use fondant also. There are sooooo many designs you can make on a cookie! (Will be posting pictures hopefully soon) But if you're asking about the sugar cookie dough - it is way too thin for a decorated cookie.
I also have been switching over to Americolor lately - and love it. Much cleaner than Wilton and love the red and black!! Also love that you can buy large squeeze bottles.
I definitely need to look into the cake boss software! I am told by many of my customers that I need to raise my prices also - and with the price of groceries I have to. The ones that think the cakes are too expensive are the ones who will go and get their hair done - at 1-1/2 hours and have no problem paying $100 for that!! (I am not saying the hair dresser is not worth that - they totally are) But they need to take into consideration the material and TIME!!
I used a spray glitter for wedding cookies about 2 years ago - and now am looking for the same product and cannot find it. I can find the spray luster in silver and gold - and I have the silver, I just don't think it's going to give the cake the look I want - it's a 7 tier cake all covered in white chocolate shavings and needs to look like the "fresh snow" sparkle - any ideas??
I just received a pasta roller for Christmas - and I have been trying to roll my fondant in it - they are medal rollers and it won't grip the fondant at all. Does anyone have a medal roller and is there a trick to it? Or is there another kind of pasta roller that is recommended for cake decorating???
Wow - glad I found this post also - I just went to Amazon and read the reviews on this book also. Needless to say, mine is on the way!!
Those are beautiful cakes - love this post! Does anyone have instructions on how to do the fabric looking rosettes on the side of the rosette cake?Those are amazing!
I make the cookies a little thicker than usual - and insert the stick right when they come out of the over (you can fit so many more on a cookie sheet and cut way down on baking time) I let them cool - and when ready to decorate - I always pull the stick out and squirt some royal icing in the hole and reinsert the stick - I let them dry with the rest of the cookie and you never have to worry about them coming out or "rotating" once they are in your cookie bouquet!