Posts by kimkake

Does anyone have a delicious vanilla filling they would be willing to share?? I need a plain vanilla filling for several wedding cakes coming up - and I do have one that I use....but I would like a better one! I tried searching this site but after about page 15 and nothing......I thought I would ask! It needs to have a creamy texture, taste great and hold up under pressure!! Thank you so much!!
Thank you so much kakeladi -- this was WONDERFUL!! Just what I asked for.. smooth beautiful swirl and melt in your mouth delicious!! Thanks again! And I highly recommend people try this frosting!! I saw it had some reviews where people did not care for the frosting - and I didn't use this on a cake, I can see how it would be a bit soft for that - but this is PERFECT for cupcakes!!
I have made SOOOOO many buttercreams - and I just want to know if there is one more out there for me to try! I am making cupcakes tonight to be delivered in the morning and I want to make a beautiful buttercream swirl on the top that melts in your mouth! I found one on Pinterest I could try......but wondering if anyone on here has one that they highly recommend for a cupcake swirl!Thanks so much!!
Hi - I'm curious as to what others charge to rent cake pedestals for weddings. A bride needs 13 individual cakes for center pieces on the tables and I am providing the white 8" glass cake pedestals. They retail for about $30 each, so I was wondering what would be a fair price to charge the bride for these?Thanks for your input!!
Wow - mine is only about 280 sq. feet - 12x24. I am in the process of finishing right now, up for inspection on MONDAY!!!! I haven't figured out quite how to do all of the storage and tables....would also love to hear suggestions from other people on how they organized everything. I will be posting pictures soon....
I have been online searching so many sites and downloading so many templates....hoping someone could help me out in what brand or which template they use. I am looking to make custom business labels and labels that list what product I'm selling and such for cookie boxes and bags of caramel popcorn...etc.. Is Avery the way to go?? Or is there a company out there I haven't heard of that sells round labels and offers a template so I can custom print different ones at...
Now I'm intrigued....Mikel79 - didn't the paper towel stick to the wet cake? I also use Sharon's buttercream and always do her method - but if the cake was ever slightly wet it would stick.Thanks for the tips!!
@grandmomof1...you can "seal" them with Glad saran wrap Press and Seal. Works great, you seal it and just cut off the extra.
I made an ice cream cake for a wedding last year and it turned out great! Got wonderful reviews from many people at the wedding. I layered chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream, chocolate ganache and crushed Oreos - layered it in a sheet pan lined with saran wrap. Put it back in the freezer to set up and pulled it out and sliced it. It was wonderful!!
@Pearl645 - I use foam core board between each layer and sharpen each dowel rod with a pencil sharpener before I start and pound in gently with a hammer. Everything I learned about this method is from Sharon Zambito at Sugar Shack! Her dvd Successful Stacking is well worth getting!