Posts by kimkake

Can anyone give me a source on a great price for the tulip baking cups.   I love the look of the brown or natural, and then it lets you pile the cupcake nice and high with extras so the toppings don't fall off! :)   Looking for the best price to order a lot!    Thanks so much for your help!
Thanks for the idea!
Hello - I need to make 160 heart cookies for a wedding next weekend - and I am drawing a blank for a "rustic" flair to add to the cookie.   I need to make a heart cookie with a cream cheese frosting in a swirled pattern or "messy" look (not smooth) and they are tied up with a pc. of brown twine....but the bride would like a little something added to make it "pop" a little.   Her whole wedding is the rustic look with log slices for displaying the cake and such.   Does...
Does anyone have the adjustments or recipe for Sharon Zambito's buttercream for the 8 quart commercial mixer?   Received mine today and need to make some buttercream right away!  :)   Thanks!
Thank you K8memphis!  :)  I think I have decided to send my current 6 quart in for repair....and order a new 8 quart commercial mixer direct from Webstaurant.    The KitchenAid service actually recommended that's where I order from for the best price.   
Thanks for your responses!   I was told there is not a place that can repair them anywhere in the state of Wisconsin  - so I have to send it in.   They also told me I cannot trade any of my mixers in (I have 3 Kitchenaid mixers sitting here not working)    And they were actually not friendly at all to me when I called in, she was very argumentative and told me it's my fault my mixer doesn't work.   I didn't even tell her the speed I was using and she told me I'm mixing it...
Looking for opinions from anyone who has ever sent a KitchenAid Mixer back to the company for repair.  Wondering if it is worth the expense?   They charge about $30 for the "kit" to send it back to the company, which includes a shipping label and the box to ship it in - and then the cost of repair.  Has anyone done this before and feel like it was worth the expense to save their mixer??  Thanks!
Thank you for the info.    I did just get off of the phone with them, and I'm going to purchase a kit to send my mixer back and have it looked at.    I'm just not sure what to do in the mean time....CANNOT be without my mixer!  :)
I would like to hear from anyone who has the Kitchenaid 7 or 8 quart Kitchenaid mixers.    I just burned out my 3rd Kitchenaid mixer.  My first 2 were 5 quarts, this last one was a 6 quart, and I make wedding cakes as a business and need to go to the 7 or 8 quart.   I would just like opinions from others that own them before I invest in another one of the same brand. THANK YOU!!
Haha... I used to be able to make 5 batches of frosting at a time no problem (Sharon Zambito's recipe) and now it stops on the 2nd batch.  It is overheating and I have to unplug it for several hours and let it set.