Posts by jenscreativity

Where can I find a bulk amt. of cake boxes in different sizes for a decent amount vs me having to buy them individually at like either $1.50 starting price locally when needed? Any site have them for a good price??thanks!Jenifer
I have tried Satin Ice, Fondx, and another kind(can't think of it) but Satin Ice was ok taste, Fondx is really hard to roll out and the other one was too soft to put on cake and ok taste. I want to buy some but what kind do you think is best?? Thanks! OH and iS Pettinice good? jenifer
I LOVE THIS! OH, I HOPE THIS WORKS OUT! I signed it and sent to all my friends and family. Keep it up everyone!
I'd say give it somebody to get your name out more and forget saving it! Why? Well, after all you've been through doing this for her and the VERY LAST MINUTE,,she changed her mind,,I would just tell her that you can't preserve it as it will go bad...it really would go tasteless and all! ALSO< you have to be careful b/c it seems as her cancelling out on you LAST minute, she may find a way to get back at you if you decide to give it to her later..like the tastes are old...
ok,,but you stated to put the gold stripes on after they are dry..but would it look ok if the background is with red buttercream with the gold fondant accents on top? It all has to be flush to the cake with the red background. I'm trying to picture b/c background with fondant accents on top..would it look ok? If you or someone has a picture of an example with mostly icing background with fondant decorations on top..can you attach..So confused and pressed for time.thanks...
U think I should maybe spray the gold lines first, then paint the red in between maybe?? Or just block off the red with a paper towel or paper and spray? It sprays lightly and not all over like that wilton spray stuff does..This stuff came from a cake decorating store so its good stuff.
OK, SO I HAVE A CAKE THAT IS NEEDING TO BE DECORATING IN GOLD STRIPES WITH A RED BACKGROUND,,BUT THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I HAD TO BUY THE SPRAY CAN OF GOLD COLOR( NOT THE AIRBRUSH COLOR..DON'T HAVE AN AIRBRUSH MACHINE)..AND I WANTED THE TRUE GOLD COLOR,,,NOT THE YELLOWISH GOLD COLOR. DOES ANYONE HAVE A COOL TIP ON HOW TO BLOCK THE RED BACKGROUND TO SPRAY THE BUTTERCREAM STRIPES? ALSO,..IT WON'T AFFECT THE WHITE BUTTERCREAM I SPRAY WILL IT?? NEED ADVICE AS SOON POSSIBLE...
I have a request for the pink version and all I knew was the black forest cake, but not pink. Anyone help me?? I need to know asap. Thanks!
Thanks everyone for your advice..I will use maybe a 6" cake layer( 2 of them maybe?) and then use my ball pan for the top layer..then just taper down the layered cakes right?? Does this sound right?? I didn't want the cake to be too big,,real small like the pan almost. You think this would work? Thanks!
I have to shape a cake into a "BIG" cupcake look..like the molded pan you can buy..but instead, I'd like to sculpt cake itself to look like a big giant cupcake since it's expensive to buy the pan and I don't do any of these hardly. Anyone have any ideas for me please??thanks so much..