Posts by CARDI2

Does anyone know the best way to keep dark colored icing from running in the humidity is there anything you can add to it to keep this from happening.
Thanks for the advice. I do some cakes on my own now and I was thinking the same thing. I took my 1st class at a craft store in 1986 and mostly do cakes for friends and family, and have taken other classes recently at a Michael's store, I think i will just say no that is also what my husband said. Thanksagain for the input.
I was asked by a local bakery to give some cake decorating classes and what I would charge per hr. I had done cakes for the previous owner but the new owner doesn't do many cakes ,because I was supposed to do them for the new owner also, which I did for the previous owner for a percentage of each cake I did. I think if she (new owner) does classes she still won't sell any cakes either way I would still make a little. Just want some input on this.
I HAVE USED JUST STRIPS OF TERRY CLOTH THAT I GET WET AND CONNECT WITH SAFETY PINS AND PUT AROUND THE PANS. THEY WILL NOT BURN BUT GET A LITTLE BROWN ONCE THE MOISTURE IS OUT OF THEM. I THINK IT WORKS GREAT. THE TERRY CLOTH SHOULD BE THE WIDTH OF THE SIDE OF THE PAN.I DOUBLE THE CLOTH THE MOISTURE STAYS IN LONGER. I USE OLD CLEAN TOWELS FOR THIS. I DO THISONLY FOR LARGER CAKES.