Posts by catlharper

OH MY GOSH! I love this cake SOOOO much! From the cucumbers on their eyes to the towels to the bubbles/bottle to the saying...LOVE this cake!!!
Hi everyone,   Just been working on party plans this week...getting things ordered and sending out the invitations for clients. Not a thing baked this week except a pizza! How's it going for everyone here?   Cat
Opening up the FNCC for a new session! Everyone is welcome to come talk about their week, share photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! Hope to see lots of great cakes this week!   Cat
Ginn! That's totally adorable! Love his little face! SO cute!
Debi, That is just the cutest Winter birthday cake! Love the little guys on it and adore the smash cake!   Rosie! How beautiful! Love the silver flowers. For a small wedding?   Cat
Rexy: I want to agree with you...having heard the same thing...but the black satin ice and the black duffs don't taste the same so maybe he had something to do with the flavoring change? I don't mind the loose except when it comes to making embellishments and then you just have to plan way ahead for them which is kinda irritating. I'd rather do that than make my own black! LOL!   Cat
I just love coming in on Saturday morning and see who checked in while I was sleeping!!!   forjenns: Angelina is one of my favorites and while I love the cake it's the cupcakes and cookies I adore!!! HOW ADORABLE!   Leilo: I used wilton fondant for the first few months of learning to cake and then dove in the deep end and made my own. I use Duff's when I need red, black or dark blue since those all take a lot of dye if you are making it yourself. The only issue with...
Hi Leilo, Welcome! Looks like a good start at caking to me! I think you will have a blast with the cake classes! Are you going with Wilton Classes? Once you learn the techniques you will want to either learn how to make your own fondant or buy a different brand (when I buy I get Duff's brand but I usually make my own) for easier use and better tasting fondant. But you will learn SO much in the classes! YouTube will also teach you a lot of what you want to know and you can...
NorasMom...I have friends right outside of Boston and they have been posting photos so I totally believe how cold it is there! LOL! Is it hard to make marshmallows?     tdove, I have made two honey pot cakes and one rum cask using my Pampered Chef Batter Bowls...much easier than carving! Just invert one on top of the other. Do you have photos yet?    As for me..the past three years I've worked a party NYEve, cake and party planning, so it was odd staying at home this...
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that the New Year has been good to them so far! Ours was very nice...low key but nice. We got to see almost all of our kids last weekend and then we have just been enjoying hanging out. We have two big parties coming up in February so have already kicked into gear preparing for those. Here is the closest I got to cake this week! LOL! I figured that even if we were not going out it didn't mean we didn't...