Posts by catlharper

Ana...glad your project is able to continue now that the artist has consented! That is fun to be excited about a cake!   Remnant, I always love coming back in on Saturday morning just to see who has posted cakes. But I also love finding out what is going on in all of your lives.    Cazza...I hate doing human figurines...I would imagine Elves would be much the same. But I love learning new flowers! Hope you will share some of those as you learn how to do...
Hi everyone,   Cassie! Love your grad cakes! What a great idea on the cap! I've used the ball pan for fondant before but never with chocolate...I will have to remember that for the future! GREAT tip!   Well, I worked my butt off but the event was a success. I've been to a lot of End of the Year parties but this one was simply great! The people hosting were wonderful to work with and every single member of the team showed up. Here is the cake! (got another order from it...
Thanks for your input...glad I'm not the only one who has crazy clueless families! And yes, no one knows what goes into a cake...not even a "simple" one much less a really ornate one. And speaking of ornate...   ANA! I think you did the most awesome job! What a whole mess of subject matter that you put very cleanly on that cake! It really could have been a jumbled mess and yet you managed to make a very clean lined cake that got it all across very well. As for the "logo"...
Hi everyone,   Just one cake this week. I was hired by my son's little league for their end of the year party to make a cake. All of the parents pitched in for me to make the cake. Of course they got a great discount too! LOL! Since I live in a cave that, due to the heat wave we are presently suffering through in Northern California, stays a cave all day long, photos will have to wait till set up tomorrow at the party. I'll take them tomorrow morning and post them in the...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help if they need it or provide help if they can!   Hope to see some work tonight!   Cat
Krypto: Thanks! That's very cool. I love this place for the help that you can get here!   Chelle: The cookies sound very interesting...like something my mom might LOVE. She's a big coconut fan! I'll have to look up a recipe and give it a try for her birthday. Thank you for the history behind it too...I adore finding out stuff like that and can't say as I would have learned it any other way   Cat
Chelle,   What the heck are Anzacs? Good luck with the caking with the chaos of getting your floors done! I don't envy you that.   Thank you for inquiring about my hand. The sad fact is that I will probably never have full motion or weight bearing capability in the middle finger of my right hand (about 40% range of movement and 30% weight bearing) and the ring finger of that hand is back about 90%. That one might be ok in the long run as long as I still use it. The...
Veronica, the owl cake is by far my favorite but I also love the football...it looks like one of those wooden collector editions! Awesome!
How cute MissMeliss! I adore the "Sour cream" on top! LOL! I bet your son loved it. And, yes, this place is great...SO much to learn and everyone is so nice and ready to help here!   Rosie! Thank you!!! Hope your day was wonderful too!   Cat
Bwhahahahaha...ok...good reason to cut up the cake! LOL!