Posts by catlharper

LOL... Cazza....but you know she's right James...LOL! Hope you have a great birthday!   Marian..I ADORE your yellow M&M...SO much personality there! That's my favorite candy so I'd be in love with that cake! YUM!   Cat
LOL James! 52-pick up! LOL! And I take it your dad doesn't like, or can't eat, frosting? What a fun idea for a cake!   Cat
Very pretty Cazza! I've seen wine colored and creme colored petals here in California but I love the purple! And, no...we can never truly get that real texture of a flower which is frustrating. I found that with my hydrangeas but I'm the only one who noticed!  I have to do a peony soon and I know that's going to frustrate me to death so I feel your pain! Can't wait to see the final cake!   Cat
Oh my gosh those are SOOOO cute! No wonder they were gone in seconds!
Hi everyone!   No cake this week. We are going out to dinner for Father's Day so my hubby wants to get dessert there. We also had a graduation this week but we also had dessert at the restaurant....I'm seeing a theme here! LOL! It's all ok. I have double events this upcoming week so I've been very busy with the details for that this week and that will continue into next week. Also, my other job as a travel photographer has kept me busy editing photos from this past...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if needed! Happy Friday the 13th!   Cat
Ok, so I missed a LOT more than I thought I did...came back in today due to a reply from someone else and realized I'd missed TWO pages of cakes!     There were a LOT of really wonderful cakes this week!    Matty! LOVE your Mario cake! Seriously "clean" work and it looks just amazing!   Gerle...yup...Cake Castle! That's where I shop. It's right next to my son's Dojo so very convenient for me and they can get me just about anything I need/want.   Rosie! Both of...
Wow! Came back in and found LOTS of posts! Here is a couple of photos of the cakes from this past weekend!   The "smash" cake was a 4 inch strawberry cake covered in vanilla buttercream. The finished cake at the park all assembled! SHA1COL, the A is fondant that was allowed to dry for almost a week and then several coats of luster dust were used to make it that dark fuchsia color to match the baby's dress.   I'm gonna just touch base a teeny bit...
Good morning everyone! I wasn't going to check back in again until tomorrow night but I just couldn't resist seeing all of your work this morning...I look forward to it all week!   Cazza...No, I'm the worst wirer... I will go buy flowers than make those that have to be wired just so I don't have to wire them!   James...yes, you read that right...I will go buy flowers than make those that have to be wired! I have this lovely cake store that sells the unpainted/dusted...
Hi everyone!   We made it all the way to Monterey with the cake intact! YEA!     Welcome James. I love your pink and white cake. I have to keep that in mind since it reminds me of those wonderful chenille bedspreads we use to have as kids.    Luvmykids...you did a wonderful job combining two rather creepy critters and making them look totally cute and sweet and adorable!   Cazza..hope to see your flowers soon!   Marian...that's SO funny! My boys are simply in...