Posts by catlharper

Baby sitting too!? Crazy woman. I have a major cake every other week for the next 4 months. Not this week, but next I get started on that schedule. I'm bittersweet this year. Due to my hand we are slower than normal but then again, I think I like slower than normal. It's nice to spend some time just being a mom for our 12 year old.    Cat
Wow...blown away by these cakes.   Manic: that steampunk cake is crazy good! And the fact that you were working on the box at 4am makes me super tired but super impressed too! I don't take more than one major cake or two minor cakes a week. Due to the hand painting on the box you ended up with two major cakes in one week. Crazy! Hope you are sound asleep now!   Ella...that pirate ship is impressive! Live and learn on the pricing eh? I have SO done that before. In fact,...
We are still reeling in this house over that woman. It's hard to understand the mindset of someone who would do that. It's one thing if she got right back to me and said something like "oh my husband completely nixed this whole idea...thinks it's a waste of money...I'm so sorry! Do I owe you something for your time...supplies?" I would have been more likely to just "oh no worries, how about just the $25 cancellation fee to cover my supplies" and move on. But coming off so...
I guess I could understand it more if you thought you'd never see that person again but we see each other twice a month in the networking group! I would never ever do that to a vendor. I wouldn't have many bridges left if I burned them like that!   As I said...lesson learned.   Cat
I SO thought I was going to have stuff to share this week but life just keeps falling apart on me. However, I get to be a teaching tool tonight. UGH. So I joined this new networking group and am spotlighting our party planning and cake biz. I go visit and every one is very happy I'm joining. So I go back a few weeks later and everyone is still really happy to see me. In fact, one person was so panicked about her son's birthday that she hijacked me in the middle of the...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, share photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you can!   Cat
Rosie, your cakes are just lovely! Perfect for a Baby Shower! So delicately colored..love that.   Ana...I know, I know...my husband is beginning to think I'm doing this on purpose. Both injuries happened when I was arguing with my 12 year old son so I think I'm catching onto the pattern here, right? LOL!   I just love your shack...beach on one side and snow on the other! Just an awesome way of doing that! And your Olaf is adorable! I'd want to keep...
Cin, you really do have a knack there so do NOT give up learning! As for your fondant, do you make your own? What I do is "under" sugar it when I'm making it and then add more powdered sugar the next day when I take it out and kneed it for rolling. This helps it not be so dry. I also roll it out on shortening rather than powdered sugar. This helps too.    I love all of your cakes but my husband walked through the room when the Corona cake came up and gave it a BIG thumbs...
Hi everyone!   Well, I thought I was going to have a cake to share this week since we had dinner out at a friends the other night and I was supposed to bring dessert...then I cut my hand open. UGH. My husband says there are easier way of getting out of the dishes than hurting my hands! LOL!  So no photos from me tonight.   As for last week. I do want to apologize for flaking. We had a full house of people and while that usually doesn't stop me from checking in and...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to come share their week, share photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!   Cat