Posts by catlharper

Oh please do share away! Always feel free to share any of my websites!
Ana, sorry to hear about your house. My youngest daughter went through that 2 weeks ago...fortunately they go another offer almost right away and it looks like this one is working out. Hope you get another offer soon!   I adore your teacher cakes! Not to use a pun but they are SO sweet!    Thank you both for the photo support! I post on Monday's when I'm not actively traveling.   Cat
Morgan,   That looks beautiful! I can't wait to see the entire cake!   As for the blog...that will be in September. Right now I'm covering Hawaii. The URL is http://shutterbugtraveler.blogspot.com/   I went heavy for 7 days and saw so much it was just incredible! If you are ever heading out to Monterey I can definitely give you some tips on where to go and what to see! LOL!   Cat
Hi everyone,   No photo yet because the cake isn't finished yet. But here's the idea. I'm working on a Hot Wheels themed cake for the 2 year old baby brother of a leukemia patient for Icing Smiles. I have the base cake (4 layer 1 tier vanilla bean cake with caramel toffee buttercream filling)  finished, completely covered (half in Hot Wheels blue and half in checkered flag) and the tracks are drying. So far so good! Hopefully they will be solid enough to stand up on the...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! Hope to see lots of great cakes this week!   Cat
The cakes this week look great! Sorry I haven't been around much. As I mentioned, I'm on location for my photography work this week. Yesterday I had my toes on a purple sand beach in Big Sur. Simply amazing!   Chelle...I would have been SOOOO panicking! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing of the sort happens to me when I get home since I will have just 2 days to do a cake and no time for screw ups from the power company or our A/C!   Cara...Love your wedding...
Hi everyone! Working on my travel book this week in Monterey! So I'm on my phone! I will check in when I can! Cat
Hi everyone! Opening up another session of the FNCC. Everyone is welcome to tell us about their week, ask for help or provide help if you can! Cat
Cara! How totally COOL!!! I'm so happy you took photos of the process too!   Reen, that's a very cool Nerf cake! A lot of work went into the figures!   James...I just can't do store bought cupcakes...oh my...you are braver than I. But the plastic picks are a bonus! Can't wait to see your Apollo cake!   Ana...what a gorgeous "country" wedding cake!    Sweet...love the jerseys but the wedding cake is just gorgeous!   Loved coming back in here on SUNDAY to see such...
SO much fun to come back in here on Saturday mornings and see the postings. I love the "simple" cakes as much as the fantastic ones! And I SOOOOO remember the first time I put fondant on a cake and it didn't tear!! LOL!    For those who want to see some of the fireworks photos here they are: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.310914102407914.1073741830.265968276902497&type=1   That's my professional account of Shutterbug Traveler on Facebook.    Cat