Posts by catlharper

Thanks for posting everyone! I still get notices even when you post on an older thread! LOVE the TMT cake Rosegin...I know a 3 year old who would be seriously nuts for it! That pink lemonade cake sounds amazing Edie!!! Thank you both for sharing!   Cat
Happy Saturday morning everyone. I'm up WAY too early for two client meetings back to back. Actually the first one is a client meeting the second one a vendor meeting and then we will be off to our son's baseball game. Gonna be one hectic day!   To catch up: Ginn, no, I don't have an airbrush. Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas this year. Just an extra toy for me. I don't see that I'd use it a lot but in your case, with all of that gold, I sure would appreciate it!...
Hi Ginn!   Welcome back! Sorry to hear your collaboration didn't work out! I'm not sure how well I'd work with another caker. I have a feeling it might be very awkward.   So how do you use wafer paper. It looks gorgeous!  I'm sure Frozen is very big right now. I have a feeling that will be what my granddaughter will want this year for her birthday too I have a great "liquid gold" paint for cakes but it is a lot of work. Your golden cake is gorgeous but that had to...
Hi Morgan,   What a delicate looking cake! What was the event?  And, yes, I talked to my nephew, who invited me to the networking group and he had me talk to the person who founded the group and both conversations about the crazy lady really helped. I have, of course, not received payment yet from her, but that, too, will be handled by the founder for me next week. It's just ridiculous that I'd have to go to these lengths and that they might actually kick her out of the...
Hi everyone,   Very busy week setting up appointments and starting to hash our party plans. Just one order of cupcakes tho.    The party colors were pink and brown. Not my favorite but whatever the client wants the client gets. I almost forgot to take a photo till we were walking out of the door so this was a quick one! LOL!   This upcoming week brings work on a 2 tier Daniel Tiger Cake. I'm working with edible transfers and can only hope they work out as well as...
Opening up another session of the FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!    Cat
Baby sitting too!? Crazy woman. I have a major cake every other week for the next 4 months. Not this week, but next I get started on that schedule. I'm bittersweet this year. Due to my hand we are slower than normal but then again, I think I like slower than normal. It's nice to spend some time just being a mom for our 12 year old.    Cat
Wow...blown away by these cakes.   Manic: that steampunk cake is crazy good! And the fact that you were working on the box at 4am makes me super tired but super impressed too! I don't take more than one major cake or two minor cakes a week. Due to the hand painting on the box you ended up with two major cakes in one week. Crazy! Hope you are sound asleep now!   Ella...that pirate ship is impressive! Live and learn on the pricing eh? I have SO done that before. In fact,...
We are still reeling in this house over that woman. It's hard to understand the mindset of someone who would do that. It's one thing if she got right back to me and said something like "oh my husband completely nixed this whole idea...thinks it's a waste of money...I'm so sorry! Do I owe you something for your time...supplies?" I would have been more likely to just "oh no worries, how about just the $25 cancellation fee to cover my supplies" and move on. But coming off so...
I guess I could understand it more if you thought you'd never see that person again but we see each other twice a month in the networking group! I would never ever do that to a vendor. I wouldn't have many bridges left if I burned them like that!   As I said...lesson learned.   Cat