Posts by Katiebelle74

I agree anything Wilton is a waste of money. Wish I never purchased any of it. Also got one really huge lace rolling pin that was a 50.00 pin. I hate it it makes terrible lace like a picture out of focus. I need to look it up and provide a link . This makes me think I need to go through my cake equipment and sell some of this stuff on Craigslist or ebay
The "does it taste good?" Calls over phone always get me. Go call the crappiest worst restaurant in town and ask the owner how the food tastes.... What do you think they will tell you???? These people firstly have no common sense and secondly have obviously never watched restaurant impossible or any restaurant make over show. The next one that gets me.... My friend I grew up with has kids with life threatening allergies. I clean down my kitchen and machines and the whole...
I love it for 3d cakes (like the pagoda cake I did - pics on my website) I love it for 3 or 4 tier cakes no stress delivering when it's on the cake stacker. For large (5 tier cakes or 4 tiers of southern pound cake) that are two heavy for me to pick up assembled I prefer the stress free system. I use both all the time and they both have pros and cons.
Thanks Kathy for the compliment! It is this just beginning wedding season and the excitement of this years cakes... Has me wanting to learn more expand my skills and do new things that I've never done before... These crazy probably insanity inducing frills included! Lol.
I think 10.00 per serving minimum on all those ruffles if not more. Looking at the labor time. Now that I have seen the Maggie Austin site. The one I looked at previously did not have that intensity of ruffles. Whew what a long process but so beautiful. I understand now her vision as she was a ballerina and that cake reminds me of a tu-tu I live that the ruffles are upside down I think that is what makes it beautiful.
I too have a client looking for this cake only huge!! A five tier. Was wondering what people were charging for these it looks insane on labor
I am trying to round out my collection of cake plateaus for my business. Currently I have:Silver2 Round 14" (I thought I was getting a 16" on the second one and clicked the wrong button on the web. grrrrrrrrr). However, when it got here it is so pretty and MUCH taller than my other 14" so I think I want to keep it.14 x 6"h14x 3" h1 round 18" silver (top is 18" flares out to 22" bottom) x 4"hSquare Silver One each 18", 16", 14" all 6"hBrass square one 16" x 6"hThe most...
I too have wondered about the save-on-crafts one. FYI I did end up ordering banding from amazon that is the same as diamond party confetti banding. Thanks for the replies. Was starting to wonder since there were a lot of brides assuming that it was something they rented.
Thanks for the replies. Both answers are interesting and I shall have to try baking off 2 cakes 1 with unbleached flour and 1 with bleached and see if I can see enough of a difference to justify 8x the price for flour. I am intrigued with the lemon juice reaction you mentioned Baking Irene. dzh115 thanks for the info. I would be scared to start mixing up my own flour when I commonly make 5 tier wedding cakes for clients. That would be a bit scary. Thanks for the science on...
Ok so I go to restaurant depot and purchase 50 pounds of cake flour for about 12.00yes it is bleached. They do not sell unbleached. Only place I know of to buy unbleached is to go to Harris teeter and buy King Arthur unbleached cake flour 4.00 for 2 pounds. This is 8x the cost of the flour I use. For the first time EVER. EVER in 20 years of baking - I had a customer tell me he did not like the taste of my cake and it was probably because of the bromated flour here in the...