Posts by ellepal

He is getting really pushy with me. I checked his phone number, and it was an ohio area code overlay, but the number registered as disconnected when I called it back.I wrote back and just told him, "You have to come into the shop so that I can check your ID before I can ring up an order for a credit card. If you cannot do that, then I will have to turn down the order." I now get it with the shipper. If he is using a stolen credit card, this would make sense. There...
ok, well, the gentleman called me on the phone...he spoke with such a thick accent I could not understand one word. Not sure what to think now......would he still call if he were a scam? I do have a number on caller ID. It doesn't sit well with me, but if he pays, does it matter?What do you think?
Thanks for your input.....I wrote back to him and said that I cannot take a cake order for 300 people over the internet. He has to come into the shop, and sign a contract. I will need to talk to him, etc before any further action is taken.I had a bad vibe about it.....I thought that with a name like "Mike Williams" he should not have such bad English. I agree!Thanks everyone.....I'll watch it!Ellen
Hi Everyone.....I know it has been a while since I've posted anything. I just opened a cake shop, and it became so successful so quickly that I am basically living, breathing and sleeping cake (I guess it is not a complaint).I really need to reach out to the cake world right now. I just received this email....and I don't trust it. I remember someone else a while ago had a similar cake order. What do you think........I sense it is not legit, but wondered if anyone else...
I would behave as any business person.......give her one more chance to pay you and a one week time frame. If she stalls or gives excuses, get mean. Tell her that you are left with only one option, and that is to head down to small claims. Believe me, she does not want to go to court over 150.00. Then stick to your guns....if she does not pay you, you may have to take her to court.
I have been alerted by a CC friend that a woman from the UK has been taking photos and using them on her site. She used one of mine, along with several others I've seen on CC. She also posted Wendy Kromer's and Martha Stewarts photos, and other published cakes I've seen before.PLEASE CHECK!! Here is the website: http://www.simplylovelycakes.com/index.htmI've emailed Wendy Kromer and alerted her as well.Make sure your cakes are not up there...and email her to let her...
Ok, I hear what people are saying about MMF, but I began my career using the scratch fondant Paul was talking about, and had nothing but inconsistent problems with it. The gelatin formed little "boogers" that got entrenched into the fondant.It didn't taste any less sweet than any other type of rolled fondant.The double batch MMF fondant I found is messy to make (but I have a system on mess control). I find that the original recipe can get really dry and leathery, so I...
I love it! I am forever on the hunt for unique cake stands....great job!
Thanks for doing this forum!! I have some kid's cakes that I was so proud of, and not many people had a comment for them. The pull-toy animal train was by far the hardest cake I've ever done, and we pulled an all-nighter trying to get it together. Then I also had my poodle cake inspired from a figurine I saw online. I had a few comments, but I thought people would like it better (190 views, only a few comments). So here's my pride and joys of cake! ...
D77....your cakes look really nice. I just think it goes back to the old adage, "You can please most of the people most of the time, but not all of the people all of the time."Last wedding season, I did a cake I was really proud of (there was a huge post with my rant about it). The bride hated it and made it a point to tell me that. Well, it ended up placing honorable mention in the 2006 Wilton contest. (I gladly made it a point to tell her that)Your cake was probably...