Posts by SweetsbyLadawn

Please help me.  I will be putting in my two week notice at my bank job on my birthday (5.13.13) in preperation for my Sweet shops grand opening June 1st.  I plan to give away mini cupcakes and pound cake samples.  For sale in my cases brownies, cupcakes, buckeye candy, a couple decorated cakes and a couple pound cakes a german chocolate, red velvet, banana bread and cookies.  Please give any advice for promos, store designs, mistakes that youv'e made with your business...
Is this fixed?
Is this fixed?
I am having the same problem!!!! What is the solution!!! dang I want to search for car cakes and get something about forums.....This site was so much better 2 upgrades ago!!  I am okay with change if the change is better.....but this is not good or helpful anymore.  Two upgrades ago we could search our favorites that was taken away now this....I dont know what to do.
I would not want to deliver this!! OMG!!!
Why would this cake be more stress than any other wedding cake? You have the time? Why not. You wouldnt start baking any earlier. Do they know what they want, flavors and design wise? I would have had them pay everything today then prepared mentally to start baking tomorrow. Not to do it because of the notice and you have the space to fit them in.....a loss of over 500.00. If I didnt have two weddings this weekend I would have had you send them my way.
I wrapped mine completely in fondant. I didnt do strips. I have two books stacked...the first wrapped then the second book wrapped in fondant on a cake board seperating the two. Hope this helps
I will replace the cake for a second reception that the couple will be having in June. They understood. I thank God!!!
I dont know what to do. I had my first cake disaster. It is like the movie sceen right before an accident. Yesterday keeps replaying in my head. Three hexagon tiers....ruined! How did this happen??? When I opened my trunck and saw the "cake" I died inside...This is what I do and I messed up, and messed up badly. I dont know what to do. But this is what I did yesterday. People from the hall grabbed a tray and helped me place the "cake" on a tray- what was left of...
Thank you but the cakes are fondant with no borders...any thoughts?