Posts by 800813

Thanks guys that was a lot of help.
HOW DO I FIGURE OUT HOW MANY SLICES TO GET OUT OF EACH SIZE CAKE PAN? I AM TRYING TO CHARGE PER SLICE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW MANY SLICES EACH PAN MAKE.THANKS,
Well i usually bake one day decorate and deliver the next but this time the customer wants the cake two days before the party so that means i have to make it 4 days before and i just wasnt sure how fresh it would taste after that long. its just a simple mix cake with buttercream frosting so once its decorated how do you store it. Its a half sheet so i cant put it in a dome and I wouldnt dare try to wrap it in saran wrap.
Hey can anyone tell me what the shelf life is of a baked cake. From the day that i bake it how long before i need to throw it out? Thanks
Thanks alot that was alot of help. yeah, 11x13 sheet cakes out here are about $40 with no decoration just white buttercream so im thinking for mine maybe 60 but thanks for all of your help
I tried calling around to other bakerys but they all said that they dont use character cakes pans or make character shapes so it was hard for me to compare. I guess im gonna have to just guessestimate. Im in sacramento CA so if anyone is familiar with prices around here that would be great.
I am new to charging for my cakes so im not real sure how to price them. for example i have a harry potter character cake with buttercream filling on top of a sheet cake to do and i have no idea how to charge for this.Help!!!Thanks
thanks i actually found it in the back of an old wiltons magazine. turned out beautiful, but i dont have a digital camera to put it online. thanks
i made the cake but have no clue as to how im supposed to decorate it. I rented the pan from a store and it didnt have the colored insert so i dont know what its supposed to look like or which tips to use.