Posts by GipsyGourmet

I agree it's a good post to bring up once in a while. The way I found about this post on CC -- I Googled the e-mail address from the person who sent me the e-mail and guess what, the address was posted all over CC under the forum topic "Is this a scam?," that caused me to go to CC and read the post and much to my amazement, the e-mail I received was identical to the e-mail that was posted on CC. Thanks CC for confirming what my gut was telling me!
I received the exact same e-mail this morning, unfortunately I did reply requesting clarification of the order, I promptly received a reply with all of this shipping, handling, etc., my gut said no so I sent a reply back that my schedule would not accomodate this cake, now I wished I hadn't replied because now they have my e-mail address, yuk. Is there some type of legal ramifications to pursue here? Dumb in MS.
Maria,Thanks so much, wonderfu advice, I will definitely cut a little at a time, think I'll probably be scared to death -- I'm hoping once I get into it, it will be a lot of fun, wish me luck. Thanks again.Gipsy Gourmet
I've never carved a cake and I've been asked to carve a pillow cake. Got the tutorial off CC, think I can do it, this thread has been so very helpful. Short recap - fill cake and freeze; carve frozen cake; crumb coat and let come to room temperature then put another coat of buttercream on and smooth, let sit/settle overnight (is that in the refrigarator or on your counter top?); next day apply fondant and decorate.Is my recap somewhat correct?? Thanks so much for all...
I have been contracted to make a pillow cake -- this will be my very first carved cake and I'm very apprehensive. I've pulled the article from CC about how to make a pillow cake and I think I can do it. For those of you who have made a pillow cake, I welcome any and all tips/suggestions and I would like to know what size pan would I need to use in order to ultimately end up with a pillow cake that serves 50?Also, the pillow cake direction on CC is really for a throw type...
Ouch, how disappointing -- were the clients happy with the cake??
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the cake -- can't wait to see pictures, but more importantly, can't wait to see how it taste. At a minimum of $1,000 it better be pretty darn tasty!!!!
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the cake -- can't wait to see pictures, but more importantly, can't wait to see how it taste. At a minimum of $1,000 it better be pretty darn tasty!!!!
Another question, if I make another handle this evening, will it have time to set in order to put it on a cake for a party tomorrow at 2:00???Thanks.Gipsy Gourmet
Thanks so much, you are exactly right I should have either put skewers on either end of the handle or not placed the handle in the cake until just before the client picked it up. The handle was fine on the cake from 5:30ish to 10:30ish, I went to bed worried about it and woke up at 1:00 to discover the handle had fallen off the cake, yuk. Thanks again.Gipsy Gourmet