Posts by charleezgal

Thank you all for your information. I'm surprised to see how many differences there are for the same thing. I do it a little different each time depending on what my day is like. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something or doing something that changes the cakes taste or texture, but it seems like as long as you freeze it at some point, you will not lose the moistness. Thanks again.
Thank you CC for all of your help so far. I am a self taught baker and decorator and have learned so much from all of you! Could you please explain full sheet, half sheet, and quarter sheet sizes?Thanks again!
All of you at Cake Central have helped me so much. Can you seasoned decorators tell me what you do once your cake comes from the oven? Do you level it while it's hot, or freeze it first? When do you put it in the freezer? After it cools completely, or straight from the oven. What would you say are the first 3 or 4 things you do when that oven timer rings? I always "wing it" but want to learn to do it the proper way.Thanks again to you ladies who always take the time to...
Hello,I have an order for a Texas Longhorn Cake. They do not want the edible image. Eoes anyone have any suggestions how to make the Longhorn logo look really awesome? I appreciate advice from all of you veteran decorators!Teresa
Can you tell me more about crusting bc? What causes it to crust? If I'm using real butter to make my bc icing, how do I make it crust or not crust? I appreciate all the wisdom you all have on CAKECENTRAL!
Does anyone use real butter to make their buttercream icing?
Does anyone use real butter to make their buttercream icing?