Posts by CakeInfatuation

If you have a relationship with various Venue's where you are THE EXCLUSIVE wedding cake provider... What kind of packages do you offer? Pricing? Delivery? Certain cake flavors only? Any flavor on the menu? etc.   I'd like to be more aggressive about going after some local venue's. I know my taste and look are superior to many of the local bakeries that provide to some of the venue's but I'm also more expensive. When looking at the bottom line, they'll choose their...
anyone else??? I'm putting a "BUMP" on this because I can't believe that this has only ever happened 2x's. 
I am contemplating spraying the legs and the underside of the plate with butter flavored cooking spray. Hoping it will help "lubricate" it so that it slides out more easily.... ????
They are always on a cardboard base. It's not that I couldn't get the cake OFF of the plate. I couldn't get the plate & legs OUT of the cake. And you can't cut a cake through a plastic disc. It has to come out. 
I use SPS for my wedding cakes and I had a meeting with the venue yesterday. The chef said that when they went to disassemble the cake for serving, they couldn't get the SPS system out of the cake. It was "suctioned" into it. They ended up having to flip the tier over, pull the cardboard off the base, and serve upside down!   Have you had this happen? Have you heard of this? If so, is there a way to prevent it. I would love any insight you can provide. Sadly they...
Thanks for all of your feedback guys. I think I will take a photo of the shop from across the street and post it. I know I need better "presence" from outside the shop. A lot of people notice the store next to mine but look right past my store... when they finally figure out where I am they say... "OH, next to the tea shop". Not so good for me. Great for the tea shop. lol
The store front has been open since the last week of June. We were by appointment only up until about 3 weeks ago. Now we are open on Friday's and Saturday's for Gourmet Cupcakes, Cookies, and our Gourmet Popcorn.    The business that comes in the door loves what we offer and we get amazing comments like "the best cupcake I've had in my life".    I've NEVER really done any advertising. Most of our business has come from venues, word of mouth, internet, facebook,...
bump
I am seeking a very talented decorator to work in my custom cake shop in Bucks County, PA. The position is part time with eventual full time and possible partnership/profit sharing for the right individual.I'm advertising on Craigslist and through my website but am having a terrible time finding some real talent and skill. If you know anyone that you can refer in my direction or if you are thinking of maybe getting a job and want a family friendly shop to work in... please...
I need to hire some help for my shop. I posted an ad on craigslist and have the job posted on my website but the bulk of the responses I'm getting are from (what appears to be) hobbyists whose friends must tell them that they are amazing but if I hired them, I'd be the weekly joke on cake wrecks. I have NO IDEA what the going rate is for a qualified decorator (southeastern pa) and this is my first time hunting for employees.I did get a quote for workman's comp insurance...