Posts by goof9j

I have found the paper towel method does not work on non crusting icing:grin:
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.  I'm checking them out as we speak ( or type......)
Is there a video on how to ice corners of a cake.... I get so frustrated when I have to do corners.....
Anyone have any suggestions? I made a batch of Swiss buttercream, and it was like eating a stick of butter. I loved how light it was, and it was easy to pipe, but the flavor was bad. My ingredients were 5 oz of sugar 4egg whites and 13 oz butter. Amy suggestions on how I can flavor this up.
Has anyone used the new Wilton Sugar sheets and has anyone used them in the Cricut Cake?
I put a crumbcoat on my cakes and place them in the fridge for about 15 minutes. This really helps to make the initial CC hard and makes icing the cake a breeze and so not messy.
Are there any bakers in kentucky? If so, what are the laws regarding baking or selling cakes from your home? I've been asked many times to bake cakes for payment. Just wondering
Looks just like my kitchen counters when I am baking......LOL Really great cake and such detail. How long did it take you to finish?
What are the laws for Kentucky??
I went to Dallas Texas to a little specialty bakery and they had "Cake Truffles". I guess cake balls was not fancy enough for them, anyway, the charged $1.00 a piece. they were just cake balls, nothing fancy. I can't believe they charged that much. A cake mix at Walmart is 78 cents. Do you all know how many cake balls you can make with 1 mix??Anyway, I thought I would share. Some of the combinations sound so yummy. I can't wait to try them all.........