Posts by Bohnlo

Pattycakesnc...I am sooooooo jealous. My cake "stuff" if absolutely laying everywhere and threatening to overtake my house. What a steal too!!!Lori
Hello fellow CC'ers. I was asked to do a cake for a co-workers daughters Sweet 16 party. They are having a murder mystery party ala "Death by Chocolate" The victim will be poisioned. Does anyone have any ideas on a cake idea? I was all set to do a heavily chocolate decorated cake with a fondant knife sticking out of it with rasp. filling on the knife and running down the cake when I was told that the death was by poisioning! Now I just can't picture anything. Oh...
Thanks so much to all of you, and playing with sugar thanks for the pictures of the masks, that gives me a place to start. Will post pic when its done. Thanks again. Oh, and his major is in acting.
Just caught the end of this thread WOW love those bows and butterflies. Did anyone see the cake contest on food network Saturday? Well if you did one of the contestants made "glass tiles" out of sugar, and I was just wondering if you could do that with the jello. Just pour into ice cube trays that are shallow, and she used the tiles around a fountain, turned out simply beautiful and the judges really like them. If anyone tries this with the jello let us know. Now...
Thank you KyleKaitlyn, Costume Czar and Playingwithsugar for your quick responses. I knew there were clever people here on CC. I like the masks, and suggestion on what to use for a mold? And I like the idea of a stage and marquee any ideas on how to make that stand up? Gumpaste? Wouldn't fondant be too soft? Do you think that a stage with marquee on top and smaller masks on stage would look ok? As you can tell, I have difficulty in making decisions Thanks for...
playingwithsugar....I will probably need a cake to feed approx 35 people.
There are a couple of different ways you can go about making a graduation cap. One... you could bake a larger than normal cupcake, use it upside down and use like foamcore cut into a square and cover it with fondant as the top of the cap. for the tassle you can always use a clay gun. When I did mine, I covered a plastic coctail glass with fondant so it was very lightweight and didn't need support, cut foamcore into a square and covered with fondant and then stuck them...
Yup, those are rectangles of chocolate slightly overlapped very much like a chocolate wrap except in pieces. Very pretty cake . I don't think it would look as good if you used fondant rectangles, not as elegant or tasty. IMO
My son just graduated college with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre, and I am wanting to make him a graduation cake for his party. I know you are all so creative and I was looking for some ideas on decorations for his cake. I thought of the comic-tragedy masks, but have no idea how to go about making them. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated. TIALori
How about hurdles?