Posts by Bohnlo

I totally agree with everyone else that a lot of this stuff is staged to add more interest. Although.........I work for an airlines, and you would be shocked at the things people do any say, and their feelings of entitlement that just because they bought a ticket they can throw luggage at you, swear at you, spit at you, the list goes on and one, so nothing people do, surprises me any longer.Lori
That cake is absolutely to die for! What are the ice cubes made of?What did you use for the bottle caps? It all looks very realistic. I too, think that 3.00 a slice for all that work is low. Cake muggles don't seem to realize what all goes into a cake like that. They probably think that you bought the bottles from somewhere, not that you painstakingly made them thru trial and error. Great job! Wish I had enough confidence to even attempt something like this.
I got a book from Michaels on polymer clay animals, and it was really helpful. You just have to change a few things (like you just need a little gumpaste glue) to attach things, but otherwise its very similar. Also, I have watched all the videos aine2 has on utube and vimeo (her videos are awesome) she goes very step by step, and really takes you from beginning thru every step until the finished product, I highly recommend checking out aine2.Lori
Recently someone here on CC had posted the same idea, they had made a large baby bottle cake tied with a ribbon and inside the cake was blue because they were having a boy. Its in the gallery somewhere. Was extremely cute cake.
I don't know if you guys know yet, but spinning leaf has new cookie molds available, and a 10% discount if you order before July 10th. And as always they throw in a free one when they ship. They now have one that fits the little hostess cakesters, or you can use your own cake cuttings and make then look like a chocolate covered surprize!! I'm so excited I can't wait to get mine. I also ordered the ladybug one, just toooooo cute.Lori
I think some foilage, leaves and grasses, so the animals look at home in their environment instead of just sitting on the white top Maybe a tree with a pretzel rod base and then long leaves of fondant? I like the idea of a banner saying something with an animal on either side too.Just a thought.Lori
Scrabblemomof1, sorry I've never made one, but my guess is that you would stack the cake up (like loaf size) until you get the height of the bag and that you would cover the sides with fondant. Hopefully someone out there can tell you. Have you tried pming someone who has made a bag cake? Just a thought.Lori
Scrabblemomof1, sorry I've never made one, but my guess is that you would stack the cake up (like loaf size) until you get the height of the bag and that you would cover the sides with fondant. Hopefully someone out there can tell you. Have you tried pming someone who has made a bag cake? Just a thought.Lori
Congratulations on your marriage, and the best of years yet to come!Lori