Posts by DanaG21

Some people carve or I've read that you can use different sizes of cakes so have a 6" on the bottom and an 8" on the top - still some carving needed probably. You can google "tapered cake" I got this - http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-680330.htmlor thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEz997KrbkQGood luck!
Thanks everyone! I know she bought the Wilton heart topper and it is a simple outdoor (August - ugh!) wedding and I want the cake to meet her expectations and mine! So I'll see how big that topper is and how the proportions will look. srkmilklady thanks for the photo that is almost exactly the style of what she is looking for!
Does anyone have a two tiered cake with a 10 and 12 inch cake in their gallery? I have a bride on a budget (shocking) and she wants roses cascading and I just don't know if it will really need a 3rd tier or not to look right and if I should adjust my sizes to get the same or close to amount of servings but in 3 tiers instead of 2? I'd like to see what these two sizes look like so I can decide. Thanks!
The roof looks like you could use an upside down icecream cone or if you need something bigger you could use a styrofoam cone then attach the fondant/gumpaste to that? RKT would work as well I just think they slump somewhat with the weight of the fondant. Good luck!
Washington state is the same - no utensils no tax!
You want to make sure any name you pick you can get the domain name online as well. You'd be suprised how many are already taken.
Best of luck to you! We can't wait to see what you do!
I just did some quick research on line and I think if you could afford the initial investment you need to buy your balls & baskets in bulk and on line. In looking some 6" balls would only be around $3 a piece. Hope you figure it out! I totally get it, I still have my day job as well!
I think they bake in one then add the second. I've done it this way before, usually because I don't get the color I wanted from the wrapper once it has baked.
I like using wooden skewers. I've done it both ways just as cfpeoples. Just depends on the style of your numbers.