Posts by Ruth52

I usually do a 1 layer 6" cake to match the larger cake, but I also charge for it - $7 to $10, depending on the decoration requested.
Thank you ladies for your help!! I'll be sure to post the pic.
Can anyone please give me an idea where to start on sulpting a clifford big red dog? Have one to do this weekend - time is running short. I appreciate anyone's help!!!!!
These are some great ideas. I too have been decorating cakes for a little over a year. I started by making cakes for all my family members birthdays and special events for church, etc. I then started advertising on a local selling network in our area. That is where I have gotten most of my business. When they pick up their cake I give them business cards to hand out and a brochure of all the items I offer (cakes, pies, cookies, cupcakes, etc.). My business is...
I was wondering if it would be possible to do a search within a certain catagory - like go into wedding cakes or birthday and search for beach, or snowflakes, or something like that and then just get results in that catagory rather than do a search for these items and all the cakes come up. It would be much simpler and faster if we could search within the catagories if we choose to do so.ThanksRuth52
I need both a chocolate and vanilla truffle frosting recipe to use for petite fours. Anyone have a good recipe they would like to share?
When you get ready to attach it, put clear vanilla flavoring on the back. It is your glue. It won't move at all. I put the buckle part together before I put it on the cake and then just put the vanilla on the back. Don't let it set too long though before you put it on the cake. Mine almost dried out and started cracking in some places.Good luck. I would like to see it when you are finished.!
Duh! Sorry. Here's the link:http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1210835.html
Hi ya'll! Here's the link to the picture of the cake I made for the wedding that we discussed in this forum. It was a fun one to make, but challenging! I ended up making a mold for the buckle parts. I found tooled fabric at Hobby Lobby and then dusted it with black petal dust to bring out the impression. I hope you can see it in the picture. Thank you for all of your help!!Ruth52
Thank you all so much for your help! The wedding is scheduled for April 19, so shortly thereafter I will have a pic of it on the thread!