Posts by cownsj

Do you use the cream cheese in place of the marscapone cheese?
For me, the point isn't what areas are difficult to navigate or to figure out.  And I do appreciate when people have tried to help me to figure things out.  But the point truly is, a site should be user friendly and not need instructions.  It should be what it was before, I came in and could quickly find all the features and use them to my hearts content.  And I spent hours and hours and hours.  The addiction warning was so very accurate for me and everyone I know.  Now,...
Unfortunately, it's the same way for my friends and I.  I can't wait until it's back to working for us all.
I appreciate the help people are sending to me to help find my way.  So far, it hasn't been successful, and I plan to try again when I have more time.  But this is exactly the problem.  Any site needs to be user friendly without need of instructions, and figuring out.  And while it's bad enough for those of us who have been here for a time, imagine what it's like to someone trying it out for the first time?  They won't stick around.  At least we know what the site can be...
For me, I'm just hoping that whenever the changes are made that it's posted here, in this thread.  I cannot find or figure out how to start a new thread or research an old one.  And I have tried more times than I can count, it's just too frustrating for me to even try again.  I started posting in here about my frustration with the site when I was looking for something else and stumbled in here, so I figured I'd take advantage of the opportunity.  And it's not just the...
Since I don't know how to start a new thread any more and this one is here, I'm just going to ask my questions here.   1st.  If I make a wedding cake with canolli filling, can the top tier be frozen and saved for their first anniversary?   2nd.  What flavor cake works with canolli filling?   3rd.  Does vanilla buttercream work with canolli filling?   (In case you haven't guessed, I know nothing about using canolli filling, I don't care for canolli, but I...
I'm with you.   
Heath, I too am extremely happy to hear you are working to resolve these problems.  I miss the old site more than I can even begin to describe.   While you are looking into it, I also miss seeing under the photos of my cakes, how many comments, how many views and how many favorites.  I have managed to see two of those, but it takes different steps and the information as to how many differs from one page to another.  (Just asking about this if you are working on...
I cannot tell you how many times I clicked on my name and only saw was my profile and recent activity.  Who would ever have guessed I had to scroll to the bottom to find my photos.   This was the easiest way.  Thank you.   Thanks all for helping.  I still can't navigate the forums anymore.  I feel like once I don't post in this one, I'm just lost out there again.     I just think it's so sad that a site that used to be so easy to navigate and had a warning about it being...
I can't find anything anymore.  I can't find my own photos unless I do a search for one of them.  I can't figure out how to start a new forum page (I wanted to share a technique I've recently started using), I can't figure out the site at all.  I've just spent almost half an hour trying to figure out how to do a new forum topic, but somehow stumbled in here and figured this is as close a place for me to post my frustrations as any other.  I saw the owners page where it...