Posts by Jazz2U

Here! Here! We want molds!!!
I just looked at my wish list there and they are only out of 1 of my 11 items. I was looking at the pans list & they have a lot to offer. It seems like they are out of the Magic Line mostly. I would imagine that they have a minimum order to place with the manufacturers/distributors so they can't replace ones as they run out of maybe? I've always been happy with their service & was thrilled to get 25% off!!! I really don't want to spend the money this month but I can't...
Into the Oven has good prices on fondant & has special sales if you join their forum plus they do sell wholesale.
You did great! That's so cute!
That's a nice idea! My hairdresser asked me my size once, another customer's daughter was leaving the corporate world & wanted to give away her beautiful business suits. I paid about $130 to alter them and it was worth it. Wore them for years and then they shrunk My co-worker's daughter had graduated and was entering the corporate world & I passed them on to her. Mom & daughter were thrilled since it helped build up her wardrobe. It was before internet times so I...
hmmm, I'm imagining my house without all my stuff... I definitely would have to sell it since I spent all that money & don't sell cakes. Definitely make her a cake. Check out Wilton's site for alternative uses of pans.
I just made a boxed mix version and the box suggests cream cheese. I was planning on a vanilla myself. I know, I know, not the same but just a suggestion. Save me a piece of yours. I've never had real Red Velvet cake. I don't do well with cakes from scratch except for cheesecake.
People are sometimes shocked at prices because they usually buy at the same place for the same price and they expect everywhere to charge the same plus they see the prices at the grocery stores or warehouses so they can't understand why you charge more not knowing yours are better (and prettier). Not everyone has $50 or more to spend on a cake & it's going to get worse before it gets better with the economy. When I was growing up, we were happy to get the Pepperidge...
Yes, that is late but I am thinking since you have an ad in the Yellow Pages, she figured you were closed, she would leave a message & that you would return her call during business hours. A lot of times, I mean to call someone during the workday, get tied up & can't. I get messages all the time after hours on my voice mail with questions & I'm in a 9-5 business. I call them during business hours with the answers. I called a number in the want ad for my job on a Sunday...
I think of cakes when I go to sleep, when I wake up. I've done what you have done plus brought royal icing when we rented a condo at the beach. I made them when we came back from the beach & my husband was napping & at night. I was really made I only brought 2 batches with me.The worst was when a co worker mentioned another co worker was getting an operation. She looked at me and said "you have that look! You're not going to make a cake for her hysterectomy!" I was...