Posts by SweetStuff30

I havent checked back here in a bit, and i see lots have answered! Thank you! I was just putting a question out there in general not for me to give out, or for people to give me their recipes. I just had a thought one day as i was looking through other peoples webpages and saw some super yummy looking cupcakes and was wondering if people would share their recipes with someone on the other side of the country kinda thing. Like do a swap, for example if someone dosnt have a...
Question! Would you share your most prized recipe with another fellow baker who lives in another state or country so that they can also benefit from your amazing recipe creation?? Perks would be that they are no competition whatsoever for you as they live far far away? Just wondering how everyone feels about that!
I would of charged about 470-500 (10 per inch for the tiers) then 100-150 for the roses. I charge 10 dollars per inch for round, 11 for square and 13 for topsy turvy. Im the cheapest in my town lol.
Hey guys! When doing a cupcake wedding how do you figure out how many cupcakes for the wedding? Say theres 200 guests, i know that if you have exactly 200 there will be lots of left overs and not everyone will have a cupcake where someone may have 2 or 3... do you take off a % to get a number? Or do you leave it up to the bride to make the decision weather she wants to be left with leftovers or not. Thanks so much!
OMG, i have a home base business and i would of charged 125 for that cake! I refuse to work on a cake so time consuming for less then 100.
I have a 10 month old and started back up baking when she was 1 month old. We built our kitchen knowing that we were going to start a family and that i wanted to be home for our kids and not have someone else watch them. I used to do 7-10 cakes a week. NOW im down to 4 it makes me sad that i have to turn so many people away, but this is what i chose to do knowing i wanted kids as my baby comes first and i dont want to scafice any of her daily activities and our time...
Once you make the chocolate you let it sit over night, THEN the next day use it to cover your RKT
Thank you for all the replies and advice!! You are right about being professional and not dragging people into why i cant take any orders. For my regular customers i have been mentioning to them that i cant take on many orders due to baby, and yes they have turned on me.... which i now realize i should just tell time im booked and sorry i cant take your order. With me being me i feel like those regulars are my friends and i always try to bend over backwards for them,but i...
So i had a baby, he's 2 months old i own my own home based business which i do because i love making cakes, not to make money as i am privileged to have a hubby who works and lets me stay home. Im taking on 1 cake a week and im finding it hard. Im booked up for the whole summer (one cake a week, camping trips and 2 vacations) Basically im taking a half assed maternity leave (in canada we get 1 yr) Working kinda to keep the business up. So im not technically taking one....
Help!!! How do i make this colour using wilton colours?