Posts by cjmommy

Hi,Did you try a Michael's store? Where in Toronto are you? I think the Toronto District School Board has cake classes in their continuing education and maybe the city does too.
I would pm her. She was super helpful when I had questions about her buttercream.
AlamoSweets - I think that you were very professional and that mother was very lucky you were so kind to her.My daughter has a severe food allergy (not to nuts, but pineapple) and the first thing out of my mouth to anyone in general is that she has this allergy. It's your responsibility as a parent to protect your child. It's unthinkable to me that this mother would not have mentioned it to you when you were preparing food for her child.Do not worry and again, you...
I just had to respond... I don't have any ideas, but wanted to chime in that I too love the books. I'm just about to begin the third when my little girls go down for their naps in a few minutes! The woman at the bookstore told me I was a bit too "old" to be reading them (I'm 31), but they're fantastic!I had no idea Forks was a real place (I feel a little silly right now).Charleezgal, the FBCT sounds beautiful with your daughter's picture! Can't wait to see it .
No idea how to help, but here's a bump so maybe Doug will see this .
Thank you! This is very helpful .
Thank you! This is very helpful .
Hi,I'm pretty much a newbie to fondant, but for my daughter's birthday I wanted to put fondant cut outs on the cake (flowers to be exact). When do I make my cut outs? I don't want them to be hard so people can eat them if they choose. Can I even do them the same day I make the cake (making and decorating Friday to serve Saturday)?Thanks!
"I just bought some Dulce de Leche tonight at my local grocery (in Ontario, no less). I haven't tried it yet, so I have a couple of questions. First, once opened, does it need to be refrigerated (i.e. if I use it in a cake, do I need to refrigerate it)? Second, I have read that some people use it as a cake filling and some use it as a cupcake filling - will it soak into the cake? Thanks!"Tracey - I bet I just used the kind you bought to fill a cake. Was it President's...
Thanks! I was just about to post the same question .