Posts by Curtsmin24

I've used a little water to smooth out little imperfections on cookies. Maybe try that with a paper towel or brush? Hope this helps a little.
I just bought that one for $20 at michael's about two months ago. At the bakery I worked at they had them for at least 5 years. I love it. I had the old tilt and turn and one day all it did was just that tilt and turn so it went in the garbage. I haven't missed it once. I paid a lot for it too. It had just come out and I had just started purchasing cake stuff. If I knew then, what I know now.
I honestly think that it's the passion that we all have for the art. Whether it is the baking, decorating, or the business aspect of it. I had never felt attacked on here until last month. I took a deep breath and walked away because I didn't feel the need to fuel that persons comment. I'm almost positive that my comment struck a nerve because of something they had been through on a personal level. I even apologized. I may have commented on threads on days when I was...
I had a friend like that. My daughter was 2 months old and we went to visit her at home. Both her kids had the flu! My husband made an excuse and said we had to leave. I was furious because not only were they sick, they kept trying to touch my baby and she acted like there was nothing wrong with that. I am so glad he didn't vomit in your home.@blakescakes , I would have taken the bug back to her house. No I wouldn't have but it would've been funny. I feel for you and that...
Karema, when I read your post it made me smile. You took charge and handled it with grace. We don't always have to yell to get our point across and some people really have no clue. I almost died when you mentioned "regular-sized cake". I think at that point you were just frustrated (understandable), but at least she knows now. I'm not going to lie, I might have responded similarly, at least you weren't nasty about it. She is your husband's co-worker after all. Hopefully...
I prepare my pans by spraying them first. Then I cut out a parchment shape in the shape of whatever pan i'm using and lay it in the pan, then lightly spray it (not always necessary) and add my cake batter. I use a metal spatula to even it out if it is a batter if needed. Depends on the batter i'm making. If I have to level a cake layer I use a serrated knife once it cools completely. I use the pam baking spray. It's the only one that hasn't clogged up on me before the...
Line your pan with parchment paper and you shouldn't have an issue with it sticking. I didn't do it when I first started baking because I thought it was a waste a paper but now I do it all the time. Smooth and no worries about tearing unless of course I try flipping it immediately out of the oven. (it happens)
Cakelady2266 wrote:Exactly! but what do I know
[quote]The presumptiveness of this thread is astounding. While the client is certainly being difficult the assumptions being made about this individual are as bad or worse than the actions of the client. No such thing as a plain flavor? Not for you. For someone unfamiliar with cake flavors sure. How many people describe vanilla cakes as yellow? Yellow is not a flavor it is a color. What is the flavor of white cake? And fyi there are cake recipes that describe the cake as...
I assumed that was why you were giving a discount. I would still just not do it. If she's sending you three tier cakes and telling you what she paid then she's telling you that she only wants to pay that much. Stay firm with your pricing.