Posts by Sparklekat6

Which is likely what I will end up doing!  But I expect that to take HOURS!  ;)
Thank you all!  Not sure if I have time to order it online though.  Going to go check the local cake supply place.  Wish me luck! 
Oh yeah I was just going to cut it with actual circles.  I'll try that as a keyword search.  Thank you so much for your help!
Can anyone tell me what the name of this pattern is?  I need to do a keyword search for cakes in this pattern but I can't for the life of me think of what it's called!      
Perhaps a photo?  I have used cotton candy (I am assuming that's what you are taking about) for decorating before on the unicorn cake in my portfolio.  I think it held up for about two hours.  Then it started to disintegrate.   
http://shop.sweetworks.net/Sixlets_c_25.html
 OMG, I'm dying to figure out how to put this in picture form on the Wisdom From Cake Central Members post..... 
Just a thought on the above statement.  I doubt they lose light in their eyes because they think less of you.  It's probably more of a, "What do you mean I can't come visit you and satisfy my intense need for instant gratification with cupcakes, NOW?!"  Because seriously, I work with people like this!  ;)  
I think you will be okay with the 1".  Take a look at the smallest one on the top tier.  It looks to me like it takes up about 1/3 of the height of the cake, so figure the cake is only 3" tall if you use your 1" cutter.  You may even want it bigger?  I think it's just an issue of perspective that it looks so tiny.  
Okay, I just found this website.... some of them are so astounding that I just think they can't possibly be true!!!   notalwaysright.com   But I promise it will make all you professionals feel better about your crazy clients!!!