Posts by stsapph

I just add the Torani Caramel syrup into the SMBC. Don't be shy, it takes a lot, but it is so yummy. I find it either at World Market, or in the grocery store near the coffee.
I use an apple corer as well. When I first started, I would cap the hole, then I realized that it gets covered by buttercream anyways, so why waste the time. No one notices, and you can fill the cupcake a little more. Win win!
I second the Sarah's Red Velvet. I have tried a lot of different recipes, and this is by far my, and everyone else's, favorite.
Hey,I have been using it for a while, and I think that it tastes really good for a store bought product. It is fairly soft and easy to roll out, I just used a little corn starch to keep it from sticking. The only thing that it is not good for is modeling, as it stays soft and will not harden up that much. Hope other have more info for you.Amber
If you have your heart set on cream cheese, then yes, you need to refrigerate. However, a white chocolate BC would pair wonderfully with those flavors if you wanted to venture out. Just a thought. Good luck and have fun!
If you liked Sarah's Tweaked recipe, you can always just add more red coloring. If I remember correctly, the original called for 2 oz of red food coloring, not one. Unfortunately, Sarah has removed the original recipe. I personally love the tweaked recipe, and it is a favorite of family and friends, and I have tried many different recipes. HTH
Here is a substitute just in case, too:For each 1 teaspoon baking powder called for in a recipe, use:1/4 teaspoon baking soda plus 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartarHTH
I have tried many red velvet recipes and have always come back to Sarah's tweaked red velvet recipe. Everyone I know raves about it, including my boss who used to make cakes.http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7377/sarahs-red-velvet-cake-tweakedEveryone has different taste, so try out a few and figure out which one you like best. Have fun!Amber
You should take a picture of it and turn yourself in to Cake Wrecks! At least then you can get a laugh out of it. (Besides, I doubt if it's as bad as those monstrosities!) We all have those days. I work in a coffee shop and I know there have been days that I'm pretty sure no espresso ever got into the actual drink. Live, learn and laugh. I do much better now a days, and I'm sure you will too!
It sounds like snowballs or melting moments. www.joyofbaking.com/MeltingMoments.html Maybe?