Posts by rlowry03

I need to make some vanilla cupcakes with strawberry filling. Does anyone make a strawberry filling from scratch, and if so is there a good recipe for using frozen strawberries? Fresh ones aren't available here right now, and I need a recipe that won't completely absorb into the cupcake and make it soggy. The alternative is to use strawberry jam, but I'm hoping for something a little better than that.
Top left, I see a skier. He's bent way down at the knees, with his elbows bent out behind him. The long skinny part is his skis.
Thanks for looking into it Heath! I've had it happen on 2 separate computers, but I'll run a scan on both and see if I can find anything.
I'm not sure where to post this to get it noticed by the site builders, but I've noticed a problem with the links. Often when I click a link (any link: forum topics, pictures, recipes, etc.) it will take me to a completely unrelated website outside of cakecentral. Sometimes it looks like a search page, and sometimes it appears to be a business page. My anti-virus software has reported several of the pages to have viruses. I just want to make sure CakeCentral knows this...
I used 1/3 cup of strawberry puree in a batch the other day (7 egg whites, 3 stick butter) and it seemed just slightly thinner than it did before I added it, but it still piped beautifully and held it's shape.
I'm glad I ran across this post. I was going in to reply to the original post that said "Let us know what you think" but it's already been closed to responses! Part of the update I like. I like the modernized look of the opening page where the pictures are displayed. I hate the fact that the ads are now 1/3 of the entire page! I understand having ads, but do they need to suddenly be so large? I also really miss that the most recent posts aren't displayed on the front...
There are a few different ways to torte without the tools. One is to place toothpicks around the cake where you want to torte and use them as a guide for your knife. You can also score a line with the knife all the way around and then carefully follow that as you cut through. I also saw a tip regarding leveling cakes where one of the bakers here at CC put cake boards in her pan enough to lift it up and levels off the top that way. You could put enough cake boards in to...
Thanks for the replies! I finally found this thread again. Mine seem to disappear sometimes...I definitely want to go all scratch, because I myself am anti-chemical for health reasons, but sometimes I just need a sure thing when I don't have a scratch recipe! I'll definitely try a cake mix doctor book.
I'm sure she means teaching other people the skills while continuing to sharpen her own, because we all get better the more we do something. You should never stop learning no matter how good you already are.Congratulations! I'm excited for you! I hope you have tons of fun. I loved my wilton classes and would love to be an instructor but there's not a store nearby. The pay would be sucked up by the gas it costs me to drive that far!
I read this part and thought that the business did not have any say about how many groupons could be sold: "Heather Dickinson, international communications director for Groupon, told the BBC there was no limit to the number of vouchers that could be sold."We approach each business with a tailored, individual approach based on the prior history of similar deals," she said, adding the company had been in "constant contact" with Need a Cake."Now that I go back and reread...