Posts by rlowry03

Is it in a .jpg format (picture format)? If so, did you try choosing to print full page? Not sure what else to do, but you can search for templates and should be able to find one that's in a PDF document.
Nikki, can you roll the cream cheese dough thicker than 1/4 inch? I like thick cookies! Is it a soft cookie, or does it get crunchy?
Nikki, can you roll the cream cheese dough thicker than 1/4 inch? I like thick cookies! Is it a soft cookie, or does it get crunchy?
You don't have to refrigerate your royal icing, but it is best not to store it for too long in the bottle or bag. It tends to separate. That's the biggest issue I have with cookies! I want to be as organized as possible since it always seems like such a huge undertaking, but I haven't figured out how to mix and store all my icing without constantly filling bags and cleaning tips! I keep intending to try karenscookies tip about putting icing in plastic wrap plugs. I'm...
I highly recommend the No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe. You can find it here on CC. It's super easy and tastes great. I use a glace recipe for decorating. Basically 1 C powdered sugar, 1 T milk, and 1 T corn syrup. I usually end up adding a lot more powdered sugar to get it the right consistency though. It dried solid but not as hard as royal icing. I like RI better for fine details, but it's too finicky for me to deal with all the time!
Your work is beautiful! I think a black and white theme is very formal and it's been pretty popular in weddings lately. The one thing I noticed that seemed a little distracting to me was the black back drop. It seemed a little heavy. I also think the hydrangeas were pretty and matched the vanilla cupcake, but it might have blended a little better had they been pink to match the other pink items. Overall it was lovely! I think it was just an off day!
If the cake tastes like root beer, you could fill with vanilla SMBC. I think it tastes like vanilla ice cream!
When I first read your post I thought the name was "Blissful Bakers." I guess you see what you expect to see! It wasn't til I got to the part about "bakes" not being commonly used that I realized I misread. That being said, you may consider getting another domain name with blissful bakers that redirects to your real website if you find that others make the same mistake! I do like the name.
Good news! I heated up more cream and added it to the ganache. I had to heat the ganache in the microwave for several bursts, but it all came together wonderfully and was the right consistency! I didn't have to eat batch one with a spoon all by myself after all! LOL!
I refrigerate my ganache all the time too. Shouldn't cause any problems unless you're in a really hot and humid area where the cake will sweat a lot when it comes out of the refrigerator.