Posts by maryak

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations Jackie and Heath! Your cake is jaw droppingly amazing and Jackie you look so gorgeous!!God bless you both!Maryxoxo
I'm a little wary. I had someone email me (from overseas) and say that they desperately needed a weeding cake within a week. They would send someone over to pick it up and look after the delivery, all I had to do was take the cash out of their credit card for myself and the delivery guy. Well, I luckily was suspicious from the beginning and did some research. Turned out that, when the money is withdrawn from the credit card you would need to pay it all back. So not only do...
Yes thankfully I got my money back but not after a "Well why did you apply for it" to which I replied "Why is it there, you shouldn't be allowing it to take people's money if it's expired." They came up with some excuse as to how busy they are, etc, etc. Oh well, hopefully they fix it. I'm sure I'm not the only one it's happened to.CheersMary
I have an epson and I'm having such a hard time. The first lot of cartridges worked beautifully (I replaced the original epson printer chips and put them on the edible ink printer cartridges). When I bought my second lot of cartridges (tried with both the original epson chips and the ones that were already on the edible ink cartridges) I keep getting large lines go across the page all the way down.Hopefully someone can give you some better comments but that's been my...
It can get frustrating. Especially when you sign up for a cake decorating course (one day only workshop), pay over $700.00 and have the payment processed, then go to another section of the website and find that the course took place over a year ago. AND when you call up to get your money back be made to feel silly because you signed up for the course in the first place even though it showed as having available places!! Go figure!
Wait I'm confused. Her daughter makes a tonne of money, she buys some plastic cutlery, and now she's blown her budget!! Doesn't sound like much to me. I understand that she's buying it for her daughter but it's just such a silly comment to make when you yourself are complaining about cake prices!!
Wait I'm confused. Her daughter makes a tonne of money, she buys some plastic cutlery, and now she's blown her budget!! Doesn't sound like much to me. I understand that she's buying it for her daughter but it's just such a silly comment to make when you yourself can't afford the cake!!
Thank you all, I am soooo relieved that I don't have to do that cake. Emily you're so right, she always complains about everyone in the shops/stores around hers. She told me that no one likes her and they've even gone so far as keying her car and telling her and her daughter off while the security guard stood around and did nothing (he obviously doesn't like her either). So to me it was some bad karma that I'm glad I was able to walk away from. Phew! Thank God that I found...
TamiAZ I really sympathize with you. I'm exactly the same. But then I get to thinking that if people want a cake then they'll pay for it. I don't have a set price. I actually use Cake Boss and since I've been using it it's helped me with working prices out and not worrying about feeling bad for charging too much.Just remember when we charge to little we're only cheating ourselves. I was once told that you want to make less cakes for more money rather than have a lot more...
Thanks guys, I just got a voicemail from her saying "Don't worry about the cake, my friends going to organise it for me, no hard feelings." But she sounded really angry. Oh well, I don't want to work only for the money. I make cakes as a side business because I enjoy it not to make money off of it. playingwithsugar I know she only came to me for the cheap price because she kept complaining that the lady she used last time was too expensive.It's funny though, when I told...