Posts by Hawkette

My son doesn't like frosting. I've tried ganache, American buttercream, and IMBC. He just doesn't like any of them. He does, however, like the cookies and cream cake from Target. (Honestly when he said that, I thought ICK! A store bought cake? I hate that nasty buttercream that places like Walmart use. I tried the Target one, though, and it was actually really good.)   I asked what kind of frosting it was, and they said it was a "whipped" frosting. It's light but not...
I am thinking about attempting a firefighter helmet cake. I've seen quite a few in the gallery that say they followed the tutorial on this site, yet I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me locate that? TIA!
I am thinking about attempting a firefighter helmet cake. I've seen quite a few in the gallery that say they followed the tutorial on this site, yet I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me locate that? TIA!
Unbelieveable! This is better than TV any day. Dsevans, you are quite the professional to hold up under all of that and still calmly explain the rules. Good for you for not budging, too! I can't believe she just thought she would pay whatever she felt like. You rock!So...were you bluffing about the bank prosecuting, or is that true? Wowee, someone's going to have a rotten honeymoon...and well deserved, too. I wonder if it was out of the country? You can't leave the country...
I think you're on track with Crisco and water. Sometimes the texture is still weird, though, so I have also added corn syrup/glycerine to rescue dry chocolate fondant. Good luck!
I check maybe once a week or so. Although not many of mine ever get saved to favorites. Guess I still have a lot of learning to do! I sometimes wonder if it has to do with watermarking pictures. I didn't do that until recently, but I've seen too many threads about people passing off your pics as their own, which rather irks me. I don't have a business or anything, but I still don't like people stealing pictures. Like you, champagneibo, I don't always get the...
I was worried my cones would burn, so I wrapped the bottoms in foil. They were great right out of the oven, but they begin to get soggy after a while. I forget how long it took, but I think by the next day they are quite soft.
Interesting, Jan. I used to always use bleached but recently switched to unbleached because hey, the fewer chemicals in our body, the better. I'll have to give it another try. I would never have thought of that! Thanks!
I feel terrible for the Wilton instructor who had such hateful students. My Wilton instructor baked from home (I'm assuming illegally because I don't think my state allows it) and said we all could, too. Thankfully, she also told us about CC, and I quickly learned otherwise! I had already contacted a couple businesses about doing work for them and put up a website, so I'm really glad I didn't get caught. Now I just bake for fun, not money.
I just tried the Hibiscus-Nectar Cake from Southern Living's October 1996 issue. A long time ago, someone from CC recommended it. It sounds fabulous. A sour cream cake with coconut, maraschino cherries and pecans with a Cherry Nut filling made from cream cheese. But mine was awful. I must have done something wrong because I can't imagine anyone recommending anything this bad. It was greasy, tasted like eggs, and stuck in the pan. Has anyone else made this? Did I just do...