Posts by Bugs-Mommy

I agree with everyone else that you don't have to word or justify your actions, however I also understand you feeling the need to do so. Just make note of the changes and put that due to an increase of costs to you and a loss of availability in time you need to increase prices to make up your costs and time. I also agree that if people aren't willing to pay what your stuff is worth then you don't need their business anyway. Good luck.
Thank u. That video was soooo helpful. I had no idea that you had to carve out a "well" for the upper tier to sit in. That makes alot more sense then what I had in mind, glad I asked first. Has anyone ever made one and not covered it in fondant? It seemed like every topsy turvy i have found on youtube is fondant covered. Just wondering. Thanks again for all of the help! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated as well!
I am wanting to make a 3 tier topsy turvey cake for my dd's 4th birthday. I have never made one or even seen one in person. I would appreciate any advice you all could offer me. I assumed that a square cake would be easier to work with, but please correct me if I am wrong.... 1 question is how many layers should each tier be?Thanks in advance for any and all advice. I appreciate it!
so I am new at this, and i am imbarrassed to ask, but what is WASC??I keep reading about it and cant figure out what that stands for...thanks in advance for your help.
Ok, so I ordered the Choco Pan Rolled Icing as a substitute for the fondant to do a wedding cake (MY VERY 1st WEDDING CAKE!!!) and while checking it out I noticed that it is SOOO much softer and more "pliable" than regular wiltons fondant... I am nervous because the bottom tier is 14" and I am afraid that this stuff is too soft and will tear. It also does not get hard like fondant,,, I rolled some balls and let them set out to see what they would do over night and they...
ok, I just spoke with a promissing perspective client who wants to know if I can ship my goodies, cakes, cookies etc. I told him I would absolutely try for him, but I would have to look in to it... How do you ship goodies, and them maintain freshness and most importantly their quality (appearance). I would hate to ship a cake and it come completely ruined... HELP!?!?!?!?!?
that is great to know, cuz the bride had another baker tell her that she shouldn't let me do that cuz people will peel it off cuz its nasty (about regular fondant) and I told her that different people have different preferences when it comes to that stuff. I will certainly be telling her that... about people not peeling it off... thanks...
that is great to know, cuz the bride had another baker tell her that she shouldn't let me do that cuz people will peel it off cuz its nasty (about regular fondant) and I told her that different people have different preferences when it comes to that stuff. I will certainly be telling her that... about people not peeling it off... thanks...
Thanks very much... This is my very first wedding cake, and you have eased my nerves, a little anyways. Thanks again...
Thanks, feel better already. so, if I were to "glue" candy to it (balls to be precise) it would stick just like it would to fondant...??