Posts by jkeeler

Sorry--I've been offline for a while caring for sick mother.   You can find the link to the pattern and instructions for the icing church on my website at www.costumepastimes.com/gingerbread   Thanks,   Jana Keeler
Believe me, I'm no expert at all but when I took a speciality class on piping our instructor had given us in our pre-paid kit, top of the line #1 and #2 tips. She said that brands such as Wilton can have tiny defects and are welded together like when you make a paper cone. These tips (and sorry i don't remember the name but think they were made outside the U.S.) were extruded in one piece so there was seam and consequently microscopily almost perfect. Okay,...
No, haven't seen them but would love to! Do you have a link to a picture?
I go through those spurts too--just take a breather, look through some books and tell yourself you can let your creative spirit loose big time!P.S. I just went and looked at Cake Wrecks--never heard of it before and I can't stop laughing!
He is adorable---you did a great job!!!
Both are gorgeous----hard to decide which way to go.
I think your site is nice. My suggestions would be to incorporate some kind of cake picture or graphic in your logo, or at least put a cake photo up at the top of the page as your cake pictures are lower on the page, or "below the fold" as they say. I also have to agree that your flash landing page just adds one additional click to get to your site, I'd get rid of it if possible--it also doesn't convey anything that let's people know that it's a cake ordering site.Good...
Guess there were a lot of photo uploads today since my photo only appeared for a minute or two (guess that happens a lot). But mainly wanted to share with the other Gingerbread enthusiasts take here on CC. I recreated that pattern I had lost and also found a great picture of a ceramic swan to use to help create the face. I couldn't figure out how to put the picture in here but here's the link to my photo:...
Another way to go is to still use the aluminum flashing or some other metal shaped into your pattern. Pick the gingerbread up off the baking sheet still warm and pliable (wear oven gloves) and drape over the shaped metal. It will dry into the correct shape. Doing it this way eliminates the problem of the gingerbread sliding off your metal shape in the oven.
This might not apply to your office but at my work they can only used "preferred vendors" meaning they are registered with my firm with tax ID, etc.--just in case they get audited. We had a party yesterday and they ordered a cake--it was fine--and I brought some of my own treats for free in a nice display. Gets me business outside of work with my co-workers. Again, this might not be the case with your situation but take most people's advice here and don't take it...