Posts by cakedout

Double-layer sheet cakes were my standard "kitchen cakes" for wedding cakes - when cut they looked exactly like those cut from the main cake.   The individual sheet cakes may be baked, leveled, wrapped well and frozen several days prior.  And ThreeDGirlie is right-you don't need to fill your pan quite as full when doing a double-layer so the cake isn't overly high (unless you need it 4"-5"!) I would defrost the cakes the nite prior to decorating: remove all of the...
Just be firm and direct.  "Mrs. Customer, I am sorry that we seem to be having so much trouble communicating about this cake order, but I need to have firm details ASAP.  Generally these sort of cakes are booked 3 months in advance, so with the date so quickly approaching, I suggest simply sending me the photo in the mail. I will call you will a quote as soon as it arrives so that you can get the full payment to me at least a week prior to the event.  Let me give you my...
I am not on here very much any more, but am doing a baby shower cake and would like to see the tutorial on Helipops diaper bag.  Anyone have a copy they could send to me?   More specifically, I want some opinions on how to create a stack of diapers?!  I am thinking just 2.  I don't really want to have to use more cake -maybe RKT?  I could propbably work something out, I just would graciously take someone else's experience/suggestions to speed the creating process along. ...
As I said previously, when I did the 40 CP cakes they were filled and iced with French Buttercream starting the Wed. prior, decorated on Thursday and Friday - with just storage in an AC'd room.  If my bcreme (similar to SMBC or IMBC) can be fine for that long, yours should be ok as well.  My suggestion would be if there will be a fruit filling, give a thin coat of the bcream on the top and bottom of the cake layers (and then the icing dam) to help keep the fruit from...
My largest cp cake wedding was 40 cakes plus the tiered cake.  I had a friend help and we baked for a week-maybe two. I had a large freezer, so that was not an issue.  My advice: buy or borrow as many pans as you can so that you can bake several layers at once. I had 3 ovens going, so I could bake 4-6 pans per oven at a time. If you have multiple mixers, that is a help as well.  I'd start baking as soon as you can!  Your week prior to the wedding is gonna be crazy with...
Yup- do it all the time!  I just add peanut butter to taste and some extra liquid (I use milk or cream).
I need to airbrush a wedding cake so that it is a dark sapphire blue....any suggestions on how to achieve this?  Should the icing be blue first?  Mix what airbrush colors together?   Thanks!
Not familiar with that recipe, but here is a Cool Whip filling/frosting recipe that can be a "back-up plan" . Using the wire wisk attachment, blend together:8oz cream cheese1/3 cup granulated sugar2 Tablespoons powdered sugarScrape down bowl, then add:1 large tub (16oz?) thawed Cool Whip 1 teaspoon Creme Bouquet or VanillaWhip on Med High for a minute, scrape bowl, then continue to whip on High for another minute or two. Don't overwhip!Good Luck!
Not real familiar with MMF yet (yeah, I must be the only one!), so does anything really aweful happen if you use MMF immediately after making it, and not let it sit overnight?
Sorry, your photo didn't work. Try again.Not sure what the person meant by "cake dividers" ....possibly the plastic separator plate system used between tiers?If you are referring to cake boards or cake drums, those are available at a local craft store, or even better- a local cake decorating supply shop. There are also online companies where you can buy supplies at good prices. I buy my regular cake boards from a local paper supply store, while most of my other...