Posts by megan_in_pink

I know I don't post here often, but I need some help.     I am going to a family BBQ on Sunday about 2 hrs away (plus a few road stops).It is my cousin's 7th birthday. She asked for a candy land cake with lots of candies on it. She wants buttercream frosting and no fondant. I need some ideas on how to pull this off and mix some piping into it. Will the candies stick if I ice it Saturday afternoon?   I have a crazy day at work will probably not be able to check in...
 On Friay I have my second Wilton class (course 1 lessons 2)     I was looking for a coloring page but could not find anything that I really liked. I found a pattern on this hoodie adn feel in love with it. If I turn this into a coloring page. Would it look nice on the cake?  I was thinking ofn filling th hearts with the roun tips (tip 12 i think) an then cover the rest of the cake with the star tip.
 On Friay I have my second Wilton class (course 1 lessons 2)     I was looking for a coloring page but could not find anything that I really liked. I found a pattern on this hoodie adn feel in love with it. If I turn this into a coloring page. Would it look nice on the cake?  I was thinking ofn filling th hearts with the roun tips (tip 12 i think) an then cover the rest of the cake with the star tip.
A quick question, can I put miracle whip in my carrot cake recipe? I really do not want to go out to get some sour cream.
Doing a fondant covered cake in two weeks that must travel 2 hrs in a car. I understand that hi ratio shorting butter cream would be good in this case. If I can not find the hi ratio shorting can just use wilton butter cream or a IMBC?and what filling would pair with a carrot cake and a vanilla cake?edited for bad spelling, sorry.
The two tier will be the small the med paisley set. Or would be safter with doing double barrel cake?
I am the doing the cake for my grandmother birthday. The party is 2 hrs from my house. I am better to stack and then when I get there to put on the flowers or put all together at the party? For the cake it's self, should probly keep on cake board that will fit it and then onceat the party place it on the bigger fondant covered one. I was thinking putting it in my trunk, but there one steep hill and too woirred about cake shifting in my trunk.
Ok, So I am super new to this fondant thing. ButIi have to make cake for birhday party in the middle of July. SInce it going sit in the sun for most of the party, should swtich to usineg a crusting butter cream and frezze the spray with watter?
I got mine on Saterday at M's. Loving it so far. Silly question can i use chocolate chips to coat the cake pop. Or is too much extra work?
I am got a bag of pre-mixed gum paste. On the bag it say to chill for 24 hrs, I was wondering if I can cheat and let is chill for less time or do I have to sick to the 24 hr rule?I will be cutting it out on my cricut cake.