Posts by TheCakeWizard

I apologize to anyone looking for my kits on ebay,... I have stopped selling on ebay. But I do still sell them as a suppliment to my retirement income. If anyone is interested in one, they can email me at elaine.scott@yahoo.com
Maybe someone out there can help me.Somewhere (and I simply can't remember where) I saw a picture of a tiered cake and the pillars were made from using 2 different sized globes, one on top of the other, from the new Wilton Globe pillar sets.Has anyone seen a picture of this cake? If so, please refresh my memory as to where I saw it and if I can get instructions for that cake.Thanks for your help. It's nice to know there are folks out there with better memories than mine!!!...
I can't take the credit for the ideas, only for the execution of them. I had to make these for the Michael's store in which I teach so I looked on their web site to see what kind of cakes they had out there. I used their cakes as the basis for these displays. The peach one is a derivation of one of the cakes pictured in the Wilton Course 3 work book. I just made it a 3 tier instead of a 2 tier stacked cake.But thank you to all of you for your kind words. They actually came...
The pegs are item 399-762 on the Wilton web site. They call them just plastic pegs. They fit into the very shallow round indents in plastic separator plates when you use the plate/pillar/plate method of pillared construction.Here is the link if it will take in this reply,http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E311B76-475A-BAC0-5EF476FB742AB190
First of all, I had to make these as DISPLAY cakes for Michael's wedding extravaganza that will happen on April 2nd so they are styrofoam on the inside. I cut the styrofoam into 4", 3" and 2" discs and then rolled them around on my countertop until they were smoothed out and not full of styrofoam chips. Then I covered them in their respective fondant colors and decorated them during 2 different demos at my store to try to entice people to sign up for my Wilton Classes.The...
A lot of folks have looked at my Mini Wedding Cake displays that I posted yesterday.A few of you inquired about small pan sets. I was just out on eBay and found an auction for a 3 pan set in exactly the sizes I used to make my displays: 4"x2", 3"x2" and 2"x2". They are by Magic Line.The auction number is MAGIC LINE SMALL PAN SET - See eBay auction 4445268004. $13.50 (Buy It Now) plus S/H. There are only 4 sets available.Just thought I'd pass that along to anyone who might...
Hi, I have used the Wilton spray mist colors. I usually do a quick test spray on a piece of paper towel to be sure it doesn't come out "spotty" but I have not had much trouble using them. I teach cake decorating in Midlothian VA and whenever I teach Course 1, I bring a cake into the first class and decorate it in front of the students. I bring along 2 roses I make at home that I spray color. I use pink on one and violet on the other. They usually come out great!I also used...
I have made Colette Peters' regular recipe for fondant and it is great, ... very pliable, tasty, doesn't crack, drapes like fabric.My step-son wants a tuxedo cake and wants chocolate fondant. I tried the recipe from the Cake Bible yesterday. Tastes great, like fudge brownies, but it is hard to work with. Cracks a lot. I added more shortening and more water but it is still not pliable enough.Anyone out there have a really tasty chocolate fondant recipe that is very pliable...
Sorry to hear about the disappointment with the SIL. I can commiserate with you. I felt let down when I figured I was making my step son's wedding cake. His fiance picked a cake from a Wilton yearbook and it is covered in fondant with about 200 strings on the sides! I'm not bad at stringwork, but I said they have to be piped at the reception. If you transport, most of them will fall off! I even made 2 sample wedding cakes (they are posted out here at cc) but they decided...
I have never heard of the coast seperator system. Please tell me more...